Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help me identify this Soligor 135mm 2.8...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you study the compatibility info on eg Ken rockwells pages, the problem with some older nikon lenses is some extra aperture "gubbins" around the perimeter of the mount. These are not present on the T4/TX mounts, nor on the adaptall mounts or indeed on t-mounts. AFAIK all of these will mount on all nikon cameras, no problem.
But then how your camera works depends on the model. Many of the consumer ones are restricted to manual mode only if the lens isn't chipped. check your UM and online.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/index.htm

Ps that looks like quite an old T4 mount in the ebay ad. Bide your time a bit and a lens will crop up with a nikon F or even better AI mount on it. Note that when looking for such an oppportunity it's soligor and vivitar lenses you are seaching for, and the give-aways in the pics are the twin sets of F-stop numbers going both ways, and the protruding large square release button on the side.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
If you study the compatibility info on eg Ken rockwells pages, the problem with some older nikon lenses is some extra aperture "gubbins" around the perimeter of the mount. These are not present on the T4/TX mounts, nor on the adaptall mounts or indeed on t-mounts. AFAIK all of these will mount on all nikon cameras, no problem.
But then how your camera works depends on the model. Many of the consumer ones are restricted to manual mode only if the lens isn't chipped. check your UM and online.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/index.htm

Ps that looks like quite an old T4 mount in the ebay ad. Bide your time a bit and a lens will crop up with a nikon F or even better AI mount on it. Note that when looking for such an oppportunity it's soligor and vivitar lenses you are seaching for, and the give-aways in the pics are the twin sets of F-stop numbers going both ways, and the protruding large square release button on the side.

True, I actually have my eye on a Nikon 135 2.8 AI that I saw locally. That might be the better course of action for me. I got some Sigma AI lenses (Sigma 24-85 and Sigma 80-200 3.5-5.6, along with a Nikon N2000, Olympus OM-1 MD, and two lenses for $40) yesterday, I tried them out, ran them in aperture priority, programmed them into my D800 as manual lenses. I controlled the aperture by turning the aperture ring on the lens. I am now hooked on getting some more manual lenses.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A coworker was given a Soligor 135mm 1:2.8 lens (Ser # 7705288) by a relative. It does not fit her Canon film SLR. She handed it off to me try and sell it for her. I am trying to identify the mount in order to post it for her. I have taken 2 pix to post here in the thread, but don’t see an option to do so (is this because I am currently viewing/posting via my iPhone?).
Help??

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the admins will have to give you image posting rights.

In general a Soligor 135/2.8 is not valuable. Most go for $10-20.

The lens mount is not as important as the model, as Soligor was a reseller of many makers lenses there are an awful lot of Soligor 135mm lenses from dozens of manufacturers, especially as Soligor was reselling stuff for 40 years.

Some of these are a rare, unusual or otherwise desirable and fetch better prices.