Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help about something indefinite by thread M42!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Please help about something indefinite by thread M42! Reply with quote

Lens is Hanimar auto 2.8/135mm
Mount is M42
I intend to buy this lens

what is the purpose of this part inside from M42 thread?
never meet before
is the end part detachable?
thank you

Last edited by valjo on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 automatic lenses have a pin for the auto mechanism linkage. This is an auto lens, so I think this part is that pin. It is an unusual design. Usually there is an actual pin in a hole in a thicker lens mount, but other designs are possible.
It looks like the tip is bent so the mechanism may not work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also possible that this is part of an interchangeable mount system. There were a few of these systems that used a threaded mount, though most had a bayonet or breechblock. The ones I know of are the early and rather rare Tokina auto mount, the quite common YS mount, and one mysterious type seen in the US under the Kaligar brand, labelled Auto T.
Two of these also used pins. The threads were also not quite m42. The Kaligar was m44, YS is m42x.75
I don't remember what the Tokina was.
All of these could have been sold as Hanimex/Hanimar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
M42 automatic lenses have a pin for the auto mechanism linkage. This is an auto lens, so I think this part is that pin. It is an unusual design. Usually there is an actual pin in a hole in a thicker lens mount, but other designs are possible.
It looks like the tip is bent so the mechanism may not work.

I agree.
It's definitely an unusual design, if the lens has an Auto/Manual switch, adapting it will not require the pin to work, but if you need the auto function to work, it may require some work if the pin is bent, which it does look like.