Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please Guide me
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Please Guide me Reply with quote

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am new to this forum as well as in the field of photography.

I need some help from your side. I have some manual lenses which need some repairing. Since skilled repairmen are rare in my place, I purchased some tools to repair these.

My oldest lens are a "Zenith M52x0.75 MC HELIOS-44M-7 58mm 1:2" (got as kit lens with my old Zenith 112) & another is "Vivitar 200mm" with nikon mount.

01. I recently purchased one Nikon D5000. Now I purchase one M42 screw mount to Nikon F-mount adapter. But there I got some problem:

i) Infinity focus is not possible with the adapter, now I am trying to get one bad Nikon lens back side (mounting) from a bad unusable lens. Will it be possible to get infinity focus if I could attach it with the old lens?

ii) The lens was kept unattended for more then 5 years & now I observe some fungus growth in the lens. So I want to clean it myself. Please guide me on how it can be opened, what are the precautions to be taken & what are the chemicals to be used.

02. The Vivitar 200mm I had given for fungus removel to one of local repair person, but after removing the fungus he could not attach the aperture spring and now it is unusable. So if some body has any photograph of the aperture spring position then please share it so that I can repair the lens myself.

Sorry for the too long first post.

Thanking you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

To mount M42 lenses on Nikon with infinity focus not easy , some lens is adjustable some not. Better to take only genuine lenses with Nikon mount or accept this fact M42 lenses are not support infinity and use them for shorter distance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there are many Nikkor manual focus lenses, of same or better quality than M42.
The used prices are about the same as the M42 lenses, so don't think about it and buy some great Nikkors.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use existing lenses, either only for macro using a M42-Nikon adaptor (glassless) or if infinity focus is wishes, use a M42-Nikon adaptor with built in lens. Image degradation and about 20% longer focal length is the result, but at least they can be used.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your guidance.