Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please give tool advice for me and my new Flektogon.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Please give tool advice for me and my new Flektogon. Reply with quote

Just received my new Flektogon 2.8/35! Problem is, the lens had some "cowboy repairs" done to it and the aperture assembly is oiled shut at wide open. Not to speak of the harm they did to the exterior.

I then tried to take the thing completely apart to clean it, but got stuck at the rear and front elements. I figured I need some more tools.

How do I get in there?

But apparently the lenses are OK, as far as I can judge with my 300D.

100% crop:

I like it, even broken. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem you need something like a spanner wrench - or an old caliper with small modification

More images (and German text) here:
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/kamera-reparatur-werkzeug.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the spanner. Get one with tips that stay rigid. I have one with interchangeable tips and they don't stay put when I have to use quite a bit of force. The result is a risk of scratching an element.

Also, a variety of rubber stoppers for loosening a front bezel can be useful. Screwdrivers for tiny screws -- both slotted and cross-point (aka phillips, sorta). A dental pick can be useful if you have to move around fiddly stuff in there, usually associated with the aperture iris mechanism.

Take pictures of the disassembly as you go, so you'll know how things go back together. If you have to separate helicals, mark their position before doing so by making light scribe marks somewhere on inner surfaces where they won't show.

Attila sells this stuff -- I believe there's a sticky somewhere around here about his eBay store.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for the spanner ... After building some sort of cheap spanners with a compass, i ended up with the spanner sold by Attila (you can see it in action here), a bit expensive but truly worth its money ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Tahnks a lot guys! Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice! Very Happy I'll try to acquire a spanner and some rubber thingies for the nameplates. My screwdriver collection is small but sufficient for that lens, I think.

Next in line will be a Tessar 2.8/50 and a Sonnar 3.5/135. The Flek is currently on display and not used, as you can only take so many pictures wide open.