Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please Advise to re-assemble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Please Advise to re-assemble Reply with quote

I have a The Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 telephoto lens. Few days back I given to a person for fungus removal. But unfortunately he could not re assemble it. So I taken back & I tried for re essemble. But I need some guidance in this matter.

01. I could not synchronise the barrel movements with its inside lens shifting. always it moves only 50% of outer focus ring.

02. How to fit the aperature ring to its original position.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I can't help , but at least I say big Welcome! Nice to see people from photographer paradise! I love to see pictures taken by you in our Galleries.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture of the pieces you cannot reassemble?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scheimpflug for your kind help. Presently I haven't taken any picture, tomorrow I will make and post here for your reference.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Scheimpflug,

I am very sorry for the big picture, here I have uploaded after re-sizing.

Here I am uploading the photos of the parts which I can't re-assemble.

Thanking you.

Please check and guide me how to re-assemble it.

Last edited by pjgoswami on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you re-size the photos as it is easier to see them?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Can you re-size the photos as it is easier to see them?

The huge pictures show a surprising number of gouges on the internal parts... Shocked I'm wondering if it is hard to get back together because it was forcefully taken apart? (not taken apart properly)

Also, you seem to be missing at least one screw...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Scheimpflug,

When I have opened, I haven't apply force to any of the parts. But I can't say anything for the aperture & mount that part done by the person to whom I given for FUNGUS remove. Unfortunately he could remove fungus so tried to remove whole lens from earth (just joke..).

From which point I tried I haven't lost any screw & kept all in separate 35mm Film container. But lost all screw which was opened by that (hopeless) person.

Thanks for your kind looking in to the matter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multistart focus threads need care especially when reassembling, aluminium/aluminium threads are damaged by very little force. Gently "click" one part backwards then gently try it forwards at different start points.
I don't remember your lens very well but the 3 small screws with red lacquer in one of your pictures look like an adjustment lock - if you loosen them you may be able to use any start point for the threads which may help.
Marking relative positions of parts and making sketches or taking photos before unscrewing or removing anything helps with reassembly of unfamiliar items.