Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pk mount wide-ish lens for slr
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: pk mount wide-ish lens for slr Reply with quote

Hi, looks like some Cosina's bodies and their re-branded derivates are the right option for a fast & portable analog 35mm carry-on camera.
But I dont have any wide-ish (28 or 35) pk mount lenses.
So feel free to recommend one / some, and it's for this slr, not for digital adaptation.
Looking for a smaller / light lens with a acceptable sharpness and if possible - some (plenty!) character.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, without having to sell a kidney, the best reasonably priced 28mm in PK mount in my opinion is the Pentax K 28/3.5, especially if landscapes are your thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll keep my kidneys for sure.

no landscapes, thats for a 6x6 / x9,

im looking for a normal small/fast/lightweight analog camera [plastic cosina's] with a lens setup,
mostly for street

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite lenses in my "film days" was my Sigma 21-35mm.
Mine's in M42 but PK mount was also available.
If you're not averse to using an a/f lens the Sigma EX 17-35mm f/2.8-4 is a current favourite Wink
Unfortunately neither are "small and light"
The Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8 isn't big, certainly more compact than some other 28mm lenses I have, and if you're prepared to stretch your requirements a little, the Pentax-M 40mm f/2.8 is probably about as compact as you're likely to find for a PK-mount slr!
As for a lightweight film slr … try the Pentax ist if you can find one, 335gm body only without batteries Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron made both a 28mm and 24mm f/2.5 prime in adaptall-2 mount. I have the 24mm and I love it. It is sharper than my Nikon AIs 24mm, especially in the corners.

Perhaps best is that both these optics are usually quite reasonably priced on the used market.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanx for replies,

tamron adaptial is interesting, i dont have any experience with it.

found localy pentax m42 adapter ring so im gonna be good with my 28/35's.

and i still have Industar 50, small as possible - but not truly wideish.

no zoom's (have a 35-70 macro and is for sale too) and no af but thanx for the suggestion.

Just read some of my older slr post and someone recomended voigtlander bessamatic lenses what gave me a great idea for keeping the lightweight gear. i have already a bessamatic with 50/2.8, and a 35/3.4 could be great buddy if i can find it.
my Fuji would not mind it too I think ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were dozens of different makers in the 70s and 80s, but still the Pentax SMC-M (or even better SMC-A) 28/2.8 is usually a good value for the money and delivers very good pictures
Rikennon/Sears K-mount lenses are also very good and the Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9 is great but will break the bank

Just make sure they are not fogged inside, and check the reviews at pentaxforums since the performance on the edges varies form maker to maker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Tamron made both a 28mm and 24mm f/2.5 prime in adaptall-2 mount. I have the 24mm and I love it. It is sharper than my Nikon AIs 24mm, especially in the corners.

Perhaps best is that both these optics are usually quite reasonably priced on the used market.

I second the Tamron 24 and 28, as I've good results from both of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass on the Ricoh Rikenon Aspherical 3.5/28, it looks nice with it's tiny size, but I've been very disappointed with it's optical performance - wide open it's very poor and stopped down is just mediocre, I expected a lot more from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried out my SMC Pentax-M 28mm 2.8 on the front of a Ricoh KR10 (a gift from a friend) and the results looked good to me. It is small and light and the UK ebay prices appear to be around £35. This shot taken on Fomapan 200, which isn't my favourite film: