Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pieta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Pieta Reply with quote

Pieta

(C) Cosmin_M (sharpened a little)

Zenit E , Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 4.5/35 , Agfa Vista 200

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great composition!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I agree. Superbe composition!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well done!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that my clinical eye has noticed about this photograph, is that it lacks significant geometric distortion. This means that the lens is very well corrected for distortion!! Look at the diagonals (not the vertical because it is influenced by camera angle).

Well it seems I have another 35mm on my wish list.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Another thing that my clinical eye has noticed about this photograph, is that it lacks significant geometric distortion. This means that the lens is very well corrected for distortion!! Look at the diagonals (not the vertical because it is influenced by camera angle).

You are right Orio.. and thats with film/full frame camera.. with crop... will not be an issue at all....)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive composition - and I love it to see an example of a zenit e shot. I own so many Zenits but I didn't have used one of them until last last saturday when I was on an abandond factory site. Now I am waiting for the results - hope they are as good as yours regarding light exposure. Do you have trusted the internal selen light meter?

BTW: I recognize your avatar for the first time - best one I've ever seen... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
... Do you have trusted the internal selen light meter?

BTW: I recognize your avatar for the first time - best one I've ever seen... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Michael

Hello Michael, and thanks for you appreciation.

Yes, the licht meter is pretty good and reliable if we think about the technology used. Usually I am preferring this type of metering even is not so exact. I just maching the ring over the needle and I got the pairs of f stops/exposure times usabable for the light available at that moment. What I do not like are the exposure times because are too few - not like Praktica. I wonder where I could get a Praktica LB -in working condition-which is in fact a Praktica L with a selenium cell , like the Zenit E. The other thing I don't like is the lack of a split screen like the Zenit 122 has. But if you are paying more attention when focusing, than it isn't a really big problem.

Regarding the avatar, yes it represents my dream camera , a Zenit Ed (d from digital) - it is in fact a rebranded K100D Pentax, the dSLR I like most, except Pentax K10D/Samsung GX-10.

Thanks again and all the best.

PS: These are made with the same camera: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=628

And one more thing. I used to scan my negatives at a local lab. After that you can do with the images anything immaginable if you have a proper software. Even the GIMP cam make great processing on your pictures. So a overexposure or an underexposure isn't a really big problem (of course, if it is not exagerated).
Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

montecarlo wrote:

The other thing I don't like is the lack of a split screen like the Zenit 122 has.

I must confess I have cheated. I used a Zenit 11 because it has the E feeling - but otherwise a microraster with a ground glass ring. Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and you can use the lens in AUTO mode. The E does not have the lever which pushes the diaphragm pin. So I make the focus and after I adjust the diphragm at the f stop I want to.

Quote:
I must confess I have cheated. I used a Zenit 11 because it has the E feeling - but otherwise a microraster with a ground glass ring. Very Happy]

No problem. Smile The Zenit 11 (and EM / ET) is an E with these two features as a plus. Basicly they are the same. There is not even more difference between the Zenit cameras that have a TTL light meter.

All the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Hello,

Here I found one, if is still on you wish list Smile
CLICK_LINK

All the best.

Cosmin.

PS. Still, might be a little to expensive. Just my opinion. Mine si more used but I bought it with ~19 euros.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it looks nice! But no Paypal unfortunately.