Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker & Co. Berlin Picon 3.5/135 - Not just for portra
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Piesker & Co. Berlin Picon 3.5/135 - Not just for portra Reply with quote

This lens is a simple triplet.
It is beautifully made and takes lovely images.
Not just portraits.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. I think Pieskers are lens of the future Cool Going auctioned still cheap.

I follow two of them auctioned from USA this days, and if there is someone thinking similarly, I urge the other person to split our focus on one auction each not to spoil each other's prices Wink

(Got Votar 135mm already, didn't see the sun from this time though, stupid January, stupid Europe and stupid snow)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you friends.
Here are a couple more from this lens.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good indeed, keep shooting with this lens!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy today, but here is one image from this great lens
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open on K-10D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, that falling leaf is magical! As is the lovely young girl in the first sequence.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
OH, that falling leaf is magical! As is the lovely young girl in the first sequence.

Thank you JJB.
The leaf is actually hanging by a spider web (you can just see it) - makes image taking a little easier haha.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this evening
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...... and some colour wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this topic until now, that's a gorgeous portrait Tom. It's obviously a very nice lens, and you're using it well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloyd.
There are lenses that excite when we use them. This is one of those for me.
I really like this lens.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Thomas.
Very nice pictures especially the portrait.

Is It the same Lens as mine ?
http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-picon-2-8-135-t25036,highlight,%2Bpiesker+%2Bpicon.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hello Thomas.
Very nice pictures especially the portrait.

Is It the same Lens as mine ?
http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-picon-2-8-135-t25036,highlight,%2Bpiesker+%2Bpicon.html

Thank you Oliver.
No, it is the 3.5/135 version.
Here it is
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opus, yes, sorry. Yours is f3,5.
It's a very nice looking Lens !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won this version guys Cool (For a friend of mine, I came to a decision I just have enough Pieskers)

But I'll have it at home for a couple of days so I'll use it and cuddle it as much as possible Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: Mount ID needed Reply with quote

I took this lens out of storage today and finally cleaned the haze out of it, fortunately it cleaned up very nicely. The only thing i need now is to know what type of lens mount this is. The mount appears to have 2 slightly different threads on it, one finer thread at about 57mm diameter, slightly finer than 1.0mm pitch, maybe 0.75mm. The coarser thread is around 60mm diameter and about 2.0mm pitch. Does anyone know what type of camera this would mount to? I imagine it's some type of medium format system from around the 50s or 60s.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! Never seen such a thing. Maybe to fit multiple cameras?

As to Piesker, they made very good lenses IMHO. I have a few different FL's.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the coarse thread maybe a Hasselblad 1600F/1000F mount, but the single listing for mount diameter I can find claims a 78mm mount diameter. The thread is multi-start, as per the Hasselblad and its Kiev 88 copy, and looks very similar to lenses I searched for with Hasselblad mount on Ebay, but definitely not 78mm. There's plenty of talk out there concerning both the Hasselblad and Kiev cameras, but not a single other mention of mount dimensions.

Edit: I wondered if the 57mm thread was for Bronica cameras, but their thread was 57mm x 1mm pitch, this is less than that. I used an M42 mount lens, plus a T2 mount lens, as a rough thread pitch gauge, it definitely appears to be 0.75mm pitch.