Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker & co 85mm f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Piesker & co 85mm f/2 Reply with quote

Helloooo,

I have stumbled upon this fun little lens, can't find any info on it....can anyone shed some light?

Thanks, Fred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Piesker & co 85mm f/2 Reply with quote

photosinphotos wrote:
Helloooo,

I have stumbled upon this fun little lens, can't find any info on it....can anyone shed some light?

Thanks, Fred

Welcome Fred!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

I do not know this lens. Do you have any sample with it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesker was a West German company, made a bunch of lenses under its own name and also as a contract manufacturer in M42 and Exakta mounts. Their fast medium teles - Picon 85/2 and 100/2.8 are rare, 100/2.8 comes up every once in a while and I've never seen the 85. I have the 100/2.8 and I love it. Post some samples of the 85.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((quote Lens Vademecum - you shoulld buy a copy!!))
Paul Piesker, Berlin, Germany.
This brand is scarce/unknown in the UK and seems to have lacked an importer, but rather specialized in sales
in Germany and USA. It was regularly listed in the USA in the 1960's. A possible explanation was that they
were a source of agents label lenses in the UK. One noted in the UK seems to be a prewar lens for a Bentzin
Primareflex so they were apparently active pre-WW2 and this is in keeping with one report which added they
were a relatively small firm. Other notes have allowed more of the production to be collected here. Lenses
were often listed without a makers name and it has been difficult to recognize some of the products eg Voss
and Votar, so the products were listed in several places in Vademec 2 as a result. Initially Piesker was noted
for a TelePicon, f5.5, 180-250mm and other long lenses. (Modern Photo 08/1964, p57). In fact the range
seems to have been a quite extensive one.((unquote))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is very interesting. I would be keen to see some images from it.
My only Peisker is the Picon 3.5/135 and it is wonderful.
I have some images from it here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-and-co-berlin-picon-3-5-135-not-just-for-portra-t69823.html
T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a few clicks yesterday. The lens feels well made and has a nice balance too

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is very rare. My friend owns a copy and he liked it.