Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Picture sizes and their prices.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
With 50 GB space we have to upload only small resolution pictures,low compression.

50 GB is enough for start and we can improve it later. I don't think so hosting will be a bottle neck, rather than images what designer look for and advertise new host. It will be help certainly if we don't upload bigger pictures than 4000 px wide and put into description for example higher resolution pictures upon request from photographers.

Usually we use 400-4000 px wide images for all kind of graphic works , most of them in 400-1600px range.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a practical question regarding size and quality. For what purpose shall the image be sharpened before upload? Shall it just look good on screen in 100%, or shall it be something else? I guess this depends on how the automatic scaling and sharpening is made for the size reduction.

It would perhaps be good to have a similar sharpening approach on the whole stock so the customer knows what he gets (at least when downloading large size)

sorry if OT, not a cost related, but size related question.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did turn on sharpening feature on screen all picture sharpened in thumbnails and preview.Jpeg usually require some sharpening in my opinion , look in your browser locally and if looks fine don't need to sharpen more ( look resized image for example 1024 px wide)