Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photoshop for fun...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Photoshop for fun... Reply with quote

I am sure alot of us do it. We get bored and sit down in Photoshop to play with our pictures. Lets collect some of the boredom work in one thread..

Started with a square crop of half of the face of my daughter, made a new layer and flipped it and merged them together into one face. Lightened one side and darkened the other. Finally I put some colour in her eyes and burned down the hair on the dark side to make it not too obvious it was the same half as the other.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the PS treatment: That's a great shot!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Carsten. Very fine portrait to start with

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys miss the point Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right zewrak - I re-read your intro. It is certainly a demo of the incredible things it is possible to do with PS. Personally I have enough trouble just trying to make my regular pics look decent Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The duplication makes it looks innatural, like a ghostly doll. I find it a very disturbing image (not meant as a critic to your work - just a consideration about
the final effect it has on me). Perhaps that was your purpose, I don't know (to make a disturbing image).
I appreciate the technical skills involved and the well accomplished execution, but it's not really my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The duplication makes it looks innatural, like a ghostly doll. I find it a very disturbing image (not meant as a critic to your work - just a consideration about
the final effect it has on me). Perhaps that was your purpose, I don't know (to make a disturbing image).
I appreciate the technical skills involved and the well accomplished execution, but it's not really my cup of tea.

I agree it makes stuff look unnatural and it is a bit scary. It's kind of funny that symmetry does that, since appearently symmetric people are the ones that we in general find "beautiful". But when I'ts done to perfection it gets disturbing. Smile I wonder if our brains really are capable of noticing that her face does not look like that in reality.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your amusement. Here is the original picture

Noone else play with photoshop when bored? Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much like what you did to the first picture, your daughter should be
a model!

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:

Noone else play with photoshop when bored? Sad

I certainly do, but mostly when I’m not bored.

One of one of my daughters and her friend

Another one of her.

Yet another one of her.

And then there's this one, a poster for International Earth Day this year.

I am not locked into photography as only documentation.

Jules