Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photographing kids is a pain.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Photographing kids is a pain..... Reply with quote

I had the idea of what I wanted: kid blowing on a dandelion clock, taken with the Sonnar 135 to throw the background out of focus, even at f8.

After the first two shots I realised he couldn't blow without moving his head forward and out of the focus area. I did notice his hand wasn't moving so much so I focused on the Dandelion.

CZJ Sonnar on an MTL50, with Superior 200. Franchise dev and scan to cd. I tried editing but couldn't make a better job than the lens and film.

Cameron tells the time by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The background is a bit distracting. I think it would be quite effective if the subject was totally isolated from the background. Good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea for my 6 year old grandaughter, she might go for that as usually she doesn't want her photograph taken at any time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot, but I also think that the background is a bit distracting. As you can see in dark areas, the sun-lit dandelion seeds stick out quite clearly from the background, so it might be better to take a shot with the kid lit by the sun with dark tree shade filling the background completely (there is some of that in the background of your shot). You might also try a perfect side shot, that would also make focusing easier.

Other than that, I find that when I realize the target is moving out of the predetermined focal plane, it's often easier to move the camera than to refocus.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the C&C, which I agree with. I think I was concentrating so hard on the subject that I forgot about distractions behind!