Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Takumar 2.8/105 preset lens and a boys toy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Pentax Takumar 2.8/105 preset lens and a boys toy Reply with quote

Went to a friends farm today and they had the kids "bike" out ready to play with.
1)

2)

3)

4) Outdoor toilet anyone??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour and sharpness- great.
Good lens from the looks Mo.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy with it, its even nice wide open
Taken in the morning,chives

Focus on the reed

Focus near the shade of the tree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think this to be s great lens mo:) want to ask as I seem to have the same issue when resizing images that it sort of messes up the images as you can see in the second set you put up especially with the reeds!! the off area creates those lines......I really want to know how to get rid of them!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the lines? Some people link their images perhaps that is the way to go?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Colour and sharpness- great.
Good lens from the looks Mo.
OH

+1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Mo! I think you need a hood for that lens. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was wearing one, Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It was wearing one, Very Happy

Looks good to me Mo.
Australian sunlight takes a bit of getting used to of course.
I took a few images with the 2.8/105 Super-Takumar -just for comparison.
All taken wide open.
Of course it is not the pre-set model and I had overcast light but here they are FWTW
OH

Please excuse the condition of the foliage - looks a little ratty after last week's hail storm.
OH
Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

promisong samples, I wish you much fun with this small lens Mo!
I love it's size and handling, performance is good. specially on mirrorless I really dig lenses that have their aperture ring in front of the lens.
my earlier thread about this lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/takumar-f2-8-105mm-preset-candid-portrait-vietnam-t29743.html
my flickr set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157613165660802/
cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your images are amazing Kuuan,I loved your flickr set taken with this lens,the portraits and people shots,speak about your abilities as well as the lenses ability (below is as close as I get to taking a potrait when photographing people).It seems you have the chrome version,mine is the all black version. I must admit I do like preset lenses as well.

OH,The Super version is not bad either, there seems to be a strong family resemblance with the colors they all produce.

Grandpa and Grandson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Y..It seems you have the chrome version,mine is the all black version. I must admit I do like preset lenses as well.

OH,The Super version is not bad either, there seems to be a strong family resemblance with the colors they all produce.

Mo photos in the thread and the flickr set I had linked to had been taken with the 'all black' version of the preset 105mm Takumar, must be same as your's. It shares the same optical formula with the later Super and S-M-C Takumars.
Here is mine, I loved it from the day I had found it on a small shop in Old Delhi, well used but also well taken care of, clean glass and well working, for some 10 usd

there is an earlier version of the preset, not all chrome but it has some chrome parts:

it has a different optical formula it shares with the Auto Takumar 2.8/105. Have not used these much, the Auto Tak having a fatter body and the shown partly chrome looks like new and I am shy to carry it around. I should try to find out if I can make out a difference of performance of versions with different optical formulas though
cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd lens is the one I saw and made an assumption it was the one you used Embarassed My lens (1017024) is just 3902 lenses away from yours,yours being the younger by a fraction Laughing
It would be nice to see a comparision between your 105's,just for curiosity sake. Cool I have not tried this lens on the G1 yet to see how it handles,it may be a job for tomorrow if the weather stays fine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
The 2nd lens is the one I saw and made an assumption it was the one you used Embarassed My lens (1017024) is just 3902 lenses away from yours,yours being the younger by a fraction Laughing

Mo the photo of the chrome V1 was in the set of the all black because it had been taken with the all black Wink

mo wrote:
It would be nice to see a comparision between your 105's,just for curiosity sake. Cool I have not tried this lens on the G1 yet to see how it handles,it may be a job for tomorrow if the weather stays fine.

I am not sure any more, but in the meantime I may have sold the Super Takumar, still have the Auto, preset V1 which share optical scheme and preset V1 and S-M-C which share a different formula. Hopefully I shall get around doing a comparison ( earliest sometime coming year back in Austria where these lenses are waiting for me )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our world there is no rush to do lens testing, just enjoying the lenses is good enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens. (taken with Canon 6D)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravipart wrote:
I love this lens. (taken with Canon 6D)

Hi Ravi, most welcome to the forum!
( your photo didn't show, a spam protection for first time posters, now you will be ok )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portrait, beautiful baby!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful baby,and image as a whole Very Happy