Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax SMC M 80-200mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmkmva wrote:
Great results from all with a rather ordinary lens. Luis’s comment above is appropriate and so is Attilla’s.

I had this Pentax SMC lens. Rarely used it though. It was outperformed by a Tokina 80-200mm F4.5. There are many other inexpensive options out there.

Thank you and perhaps so.
However it is a good workhorse for me and continues to give results that please.
Happy snaps
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmkmva wrote:
Great results from all with a rather ordinary lens. Luis’s comment above is appropriate and so is Attilla’s.

I had this Pentax SMC lens. Rarely used it though. It was outperformed by a Tokina 80-200mm F4.5. There are many other inexpensive options out there.

I am a user since 2007. A very good lens for the price. Broadly satisfied though there are occasional exposure errors with some Pentax K-mount DSLR bodies. The focusing screens on these bodies are believed to be responsible. If the user has lenses with overlapping focal lengths, the zoom does not find much use as the other lenses are more compact. A sample is uploaded from Sucevita monastery, Bucovina county, Romania. The picture was heavily overexposed and was pulled back in PS. Pentax K200D 1/125s ISO 400.

Last edited by chhayanat on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Thank you and perhaps so.
However it is a good workhorse for me and continues to give results that please.
Happy snaps
Tom

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Takumar 80-200mm F4.5 Bayonet which is downgraded (coatings) version of this lens. But I think this is also good "nothing special" worker. I don't need to fear losing anything rare or expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results from both of you.
You have used the lens well
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little sharpness test for this lens F4.5-5.6-7.1-8 center crops 100% Pentax k-1 iso 100 camera on the floor with self timer 2s
Clearly it is sill improving up to f8

Sharpness test 200mm F4.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Sharpness test 200mm F5.6 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Sharpness test 200mm F7.1 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Sharpness test 200mm F8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

at f8 contrast is finally ok