Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax pete has CANON TOO !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Pentax pete has CANON TOO ! Reply with quote

I have been lucky to get some wonderful gear over many years -- at one time I was considering changing from PENTAX to CANON when Pentax changed from Screw to Bayonet thread and bought a CANON AE-1 black -- well I kept all my Screw lenses as I found out I could get a Canon 'P' adapter so I did not change -- then I was offered a whole Canon FTbn outfit by a Camera Club member who never won much and got disheartened and one evening said in the Pub after Club " I'll SELL ALL my CANON gear to anyone who offers me £ 150 -00 " -- so I offered and got a mint FTBn, 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 100mm f2.8, 200mm f4, 'exposure meter Booster', extension tubes, loads of 55mm filters -- then many years later I got a telephone call from Chief Photographer of the Yellow Advertiser Newspaper who told me there was a Gent in Romford ( Essex) who had seen the photo and story about my 8 year old Son and I with our Cameras, and had a 'camera to give to a Good Home' so we rushed there and the Gent said it was his Deceased Brother's gear -- been in the LOFT for 7 years un-used -- so he put onto the table a metal case, inside was a MINT CANON A-1 with motor wind 'A'. 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 70-150mm f4.5 zoom, eyepiece magnifier, 52mm filters, Speedlite 199a flash etc etc -- I was so pleased there was NO FUNGUS !! I took some good photos and won some awards and telephoned the Gent with the results and he was so pleased it had gone to someone who would appreciate it !

Canon FTbn by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Canon AE1 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Canon A1 Group by pentaxpete, on Flickr