Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax ME
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Pentax ME Reply with quote

Pentax ME Super and Winder.
I am using my ME again due to the fantastic results I get with the Zenitar 16mm fisheye on it. I just can’t put it down and have used 3 films in a week.
I’m also giving my older Pentax SL and new lease of life.
I bought the SL way back in 1969 and it still works perfect. It was fitted with the Super Takumar f1.8 55mm. The SL was introduced in 1968, 3 years after the Spotmatic. It is an Unmetered Spotmatic made for us strange people who didn’t want a built in meter, no batteries, full manual, a real workhorse. It was 1973 before Spotmatic with Full-aperture metering was introduced
I’m sure everybody is familiar with the ME, it is a real classic but the early ME is only auto, the ME Super also has full manual operation.
I have a spare ME 11 winder if anybody is looking for one. The winder fits the ME range, Super A, Super program, program A and plus MV and MV-1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That there's a pretty camera with a super pretty lens on it. Both would be on my long term wish list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax ME Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I just can’t put it down and have used 3 films in a week.

Hi Rob, wasn't it you who a few weeks ago said he would never go back to using film? Wink

The ME Super and winder is exactly my setup too (except my camera is the black version). The big Zenitar certainly looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax ME Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Rob Leslie wrote:
I just can’t put it down and have used 3 films in a week.

Hi Rob, wasn't it you who a few weeks ago said he would never go back to using film? Wink

The ME Super and winder is exactly my setup too (except my camera is the black version). The big Zenitar certainly looks good.

Yes I believe I did say that and it is true. I have shot a lot more digital in the same week and I would always reach for the digital for my shots and film if I had time and felt like doing it.
I do now tend to have a film camera in my bag or the boot of the car. The reason I am using film again is that I have the time to experiment. I have (As yet) only used the ME with the Zenitar, I havn't seem any point in using other lenses on yet (As Yet!)
I'm also only using the old Pentax SL with M42 mount lenses and enjoying the experience of not having to have them on manual aperture and using a SLR with no electronics.
As usual I am not knocking film at all, I am enjoying shooting a bit with it again (Inc my compacts, film in the Ricoh 500G now) it's fun but first priority (For me) will always be digital.

A few shots from the ME and Zenitar
http://roblesliephotography.blogspot.com/

PS My SL is Black. I find the ME too small without the winder.