Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M SMC 28mm f2.8 PK mount Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Pentax-M SMC 28mm f2.8 PK mount Sony A7R Reply with quote

Such a tiny lens, such as low price and such a good one Laugh 1 Tuzki with lens
I just take out for a few test shoots before I sell it. I was really impressed.
It's offer everything that we need even wide open amazing.

Click on pic and watch in full size to get better impression!

Non touched photos, straight from camera all # and #3 are wide open

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Such a tiny lens, such as low price and such a good one"

I don't think I could sum it up any better, so I'll not try. And the images you produced are a fair representation. You said what had taken the images, but I still had a sense of recognition. I've had mine from new. I only have 20 odd MF lenses to compare to, but I'd add that most people would be surprised at it's very good build quality, if they were judging expectations only on the price it commands. A small tank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken considered comparison pics with the M28mm f2.8, M28mm f3.5, K28mm f3.5. Very little to choose between them, particularly centre frame. IME the slower lenses were a bit more consistent across the frame, particularly the K, and slightly better wide open. The M28 f2.8 had more fringing, esp in OoF areas.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good lens indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first shot has heavy vignetting, hood?
My preference would be the K 28/3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax F 28mm f2.8 is one of the sharpest Pentax 28's,Manual as well as AF.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the Pentax versions M, A and F share the same 7/7 construction. I have the A version and found it nice and sharp as well. Hardly distinguishable from the famous Minolta MD Rokkor 28/2.8 which is also 7/7.
Example pictures can be seen here: http://forum.mflenses.com/28mm-lens-comparison-pentax-minolta-topcon-cv-kmz-t76791.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
That first shot has heavy vignetting, hood?
My preference would be the K 28/3.5.

yes of course not matched hood just what I found in my bag, East Germen rubber hood for 50mm lenses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show better on a closed hole (fCool in the far field landscape realties.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Obviously the Pentax versions M, A and F share the same 7/7 construction. I have the A version and found it nice and sharp as well. Hardly distinguishable from the famous Minolta MD Rokkor 28/2.8 which is also 7/7.
Example pictures can be seen here: http://forum.mflenses.com/28mm-lens-comparison-pentax-minolta-topcon-cv-kmz-t76791.html

There was also a hybrid version between M and A, if I remember.