Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M 150mm f/3.5 very light.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples

Grasskeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Autumn flowers and Bokeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite beautiful D1N0

Here are a few quick pics from my garden today.
The , first two flowers are a native hibiscus, each bloom only lasts for one day.
The third is a brugmansia, and the fourth cottoneaster berries
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite a nice lens and the fact that it is 150mm makes it stand out from all those 135's and it is smaller than most of them. It also responds well to sharpening. I do wish MFD was a bit closer (1.8m).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple from this afternoon
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean to say that our threads here, not only in this particular forum, but also in many other subforums, very often tend to meander away from the original topic. Sure, this might make it harder to find information about particular lenses, but using search engines other than the built-in one here almost always remedies the problem, if one knows how to enter the search pattern correctly. So while this problem seems to me a minor one, prohibiting such comparisons would make us miss some very interesting discussions.

Speaking of hijacking, I hope nobody minds me putting this here:

Ian, you mentioned correcting purple fringing and CA´s is something you wish to learn. I found a program called "Picture Window Pro" which can be obtained from here:

https://www.dl-c.com/Downloads.html

It´s not exactly on eye level with the premium PP programs for which you pay premium fee, but close - and I came to like it very much indeed. It offers a relatively simple way of correcting purple fringe, which is in my case needed badly whenever I take the single coated 300mm f4.5 Zuiko out for bird photography. The program, and that is the main feat, has for every function a very, very detailed explanation upon how to handle a specific tool it offers. It´s free for download, and if you like it, I suggest you donate to the developer.

Kind Regards,
Gerhard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good example of fruitful digressions. Most interesting reference, from the tutorial PDF it looks like a complete GIMP or Photoshop alternative. I will certainly try it.

p. [/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paul.

Yes, PWP is a suite for post-processing images that comes with the full set of features.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use Lightroom 5. something it does all I need it to do. That will only last until i get a new camera, because of RAW support. I think that is a great scam. Camera makers should just use DNG or at least make it an option. Pentax and Leica do but Pentax won't go mirrorless and Leica is just too expensive for what you get.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this magnification fringing is hardly visible at all though you need to nail focus or it gets much worse.

Fort Lapin Quadrupel by The lens profile, on Flickr