Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax M 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Pentax M 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I finally managed to catch on of these rocket ship blue finches with some kinda of clarity!

Thank you super cheap, light, boring Pentax M 135 f3.5.

These bloody finches are about 5cm tall maybe. And zoom around like cocaine high investment bankers! A real Pokemon moment for the younger generation amongst us Laughing

JPEGs courtesy of a K10

Click1
Click2
Click3

Yes there us purple fringing, yes there is green fringing, but it ain't that bad wide open.. Perhaps if you shot a black and white magpie it might be worse Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 3rd one... Nice composition there... some noise but that's ok. Acceptable sharpness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes consider these images not for art, but for remembering that the little M 135 f3.5 ain't so bad.

I cant tell you how long I've been trying to track of those little finches on MF glass.. Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Yes consider these images not for art, but for remembering that the little M 135 f3.5 ain't so bad.

I cant tell you how long I've been trying to track of those little finches on MF glass.. Embarassed Laughing

Oh, yes I believe you that was hard to get them especially with manual glass. Quite an achievement for sure.
I am currently looking for good copy of A135mm 2.8 lens. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

Well caught Daniel.
The blue wrens really shine with this lens.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice little blue jewels. I believe they are very quick movers, difficult to focus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART wrote:
... currently looking for good copy of A135mm 2.8 lens. Cool

zee holy grail! Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with OH, it's a Male Superb Fairy wren,how do I know that? because I have been after a photo like yours for a while now and have not achieved it...excellent shot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
RAART wrote:
... currently looking for good copy of A135mm 2.8 lens. Cool

zee holy grail! Razz

and hopping that will be better than Auto Mamiya 135mm 2.8 (M42), as I have this one... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful birds. You guys in Oz have such colorful wildlife. Here in the desert I have to look twice, cause everything is brown. The 135/3.5 did a nice job.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on the size of the bird you could have used a 500mm and it still would be too small

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful blue birds, very nice!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Beautiful birds. You guys in Oz have such colorful wildlife. Here in the desert I have to look twice, cause everything is brown. The 135/3.5 did a nice job.

Tromboads did the nice job, the lens helped a little.

In uk there is no desert but the birds are all brown, except the chaffinch, goldfinch, greenfinch, bluetit, great tit, yellowhammer, great spotted woodpecker, green woodpecker etc...

...Ok not all brown, just the sparrows, wrens, reed buntings, jays etc...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like pretty birds, get yourself to New Caledonia!

That place was mental for bird life. I expect most of islands in the tropics aren't to far off though.

And yes we are pretty luck down here, Gods Country after all. oh wait which God? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Highlander (the first movie) "There can be only one" (great sound track by Queen) Laughing But we won't go there will we? We shall behave ourselves and stick to the rules of this part of the forum. Wink