Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M 1.7/50 with Fungus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Pentax-M 1.7/50 with Fungus Reply with quote

Thought this might be helpful to anyone wanting to know what a lens with fungus looks like. The seller is refunding! Smile

The fungus is on the inner faces of both the front and rear elements.

Amazingly, it doesn't seem to affect the pictures when I tested it:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trophy! You can study how to clean and save this excellent lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Or send it to me, so I can ever learn it and add it to my Takumar collection. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

No, I won't bother with cleaning it, not at first anyway. I snipped it on a BIN "in excellent condition" and the seller has agreed to refund. I'm going to ask him if I can keep it. I bought it to replace my old one I've had since the mid-80s, the one I never trusted. It was often giving wrong exposures and last week I found out why - the aperature lever was loose and giving wrong information to the camera. It's rivetted, not screwed, and the rivets had worked loose. There wasn't enough space to drill it and fix with screws, so I tried fixing it with epoxy, but it wouldn't bond.

So now I have one lens with broken mechanics and another with crappy optics and if I can keep it I'm going to try swapping the optics over. If all goes OK I'll post a couple more pics showing how to dismantle it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! I hope finally it will works for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
add it to my Takumar collection. Very Happy

Aren't you worried about the fungus spreading? Attila would put this one in quarantine! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
zewrak wrote:

Aren't you worried about the fungus spreading? Attila would put this one in quarantine! Smile

Fungus don't spread here much. I don't think a cleaned lens in our conditions would make any particular danger. Fhs, we have like 10% humidity and -20 celcius 300/days year Wink.

PS. Nice avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pokes database*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
peterqd wrote:
zewrak wrote:

Fungus don't spread here much. I don't think a cleaned lens in our conditions would make any particular danger. Fhs, we have like 10% humidity and -20 celcius 300/days year Wink.

PS. Nice avatar.

Yes, right a dream home for any lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
-20 celcius 300/days year Wink.

Are you living at North Pole?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
zewrak wrote:
-20 celcius 300/days year Wink.

Are you living at North Pole?

Not far from it :p