Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K10D screen replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Pentax K10D screen replacement Reply with quote

Since getting the K10D I have had problems nailing the focus. I looked for a split screen replacement and found one for under £10 post paid.
Click here to see on Ebay

I got it this afternoon and honestly it took 2 minutes to fit. I checked the focus, infinity is where it should be and 1 metre was measured and is spot on.

So easy!

The seller helpfully gives a link to a website that has instructions.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2285528_replace-slr-cameras-focusing-screen.html

ha ha blurred. I had to use the self timer and hold the camera left handed for this shot!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a good screen ? I keep meaning to buy one for my K10 but never get around to it. But for that price I'll make the effort. I might start using it again with a better screen for MF Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me Dave, nice big split in the middle, I'll see if I can get a shot thru the VF...

...not great but seeable. The split image bit is quite large, about the same size as my old Minolta one but the screen its self is smaller. Larger means better for me. The red focus confirm flashes too, seemingly at different points of focus but the pic comes out ok if you ignore them.

a little motion blur on this phot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Splitscreen for K-10 Reply with quote

Hi philslizzy

I also am interested in a splitscreen replacement for my K-10. Could you please share some more information on this particular screen?

I tried a Katzeye which was in a friends K-10 and wasen'r impressed. I wonder what this fellow makes his screens from?

Any other input on this subject are appreciated, any other alternatives available.

I get fairly good results with the standard K-10D screen but my eyes are not what they used to be.

Thanks in advance,

Gavin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin, I don't know what he makes his screens from but mine is nice and the split image appears larger in the viewfinder than the one in a 35mm camera making me suspect it may be cut down from a 35mm one. It gets a little hard to see after f5.6 (normal in35mm) but focus confirmation blinks and for me it is spot on.

The Katzeye are regarded as the best so I don't know what the issue is. Perhaps you looked at the normal screen, where the 'plus' or 'optibright' types may be better. But theses screens cost as much as the camera is worth.

This screen for 10gbp, less than 10% of the Katzeye price, the minus side is worth putting up with, and remember the focus confirm blinks anyway. I have the red dot lined up with the split image.

The ebay link in my first post still works. Take a look

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks philslizzy,

For the price I think I might give this one a go. Thanks for the imput, Much appreciated.

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoyingly, the seller of the cheap one no longer posts to the UK or Ireland. I wonder why?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Annoyingly, the seller of the cheap one no longer posts to the UK or Ireland. I wonder why?

You may ask the seller directly via message. Sometime, the eBay system may have cause errors on shipping information.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, try messaging him, good idea.

This is another, I have bought from this buyer many times. so personally I'd choose him over any others. Nice big split image. I may give this one a go myself.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for the second reco. I'll have a look.
Scouting them out, I see Jinfinace is doing one, and I've had good dealings with him. He makes the claim that nearly all others for the K10 and K20 are based on the Min X700 and his is K1000, which is nearer the K10 OEM thickness. Whether that's really all that important, I don't know.
The price of yours caught my eye - since I'd only paid 10$ for my Canon screen I know that good-enough screens can be cheap enough.