Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pentax k 300mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: pentax k 300mm f4 Reply with quote

hello everyone i have pentax k 300mm f4 with the fungus,
i don't know how to open this lens, there is a fungus on the middle
lens set
anybody can tell me how to start to get there ?

[/img]http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/extreme-tele/K300f4.jpg[img][/img]

Last edited by adriano210 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: pentax k 300mm f4 Reply with quote

adriano210 wrote:
hello everyone i have pentax k 300mm f4 with the fungus,
i don't know how to open this lens, there is a fungus on the middle
lens set
anybody can tell me how to start to get there ?

[img][/img]http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/extreme-tele/K300f4.jpg[img][/img]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! First you need some special tools like Spanner wrench etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would go with this problem to a repair shop.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello
i had one, i used to fix and clean old lenses like 50f1,4, 50f1,7 made by pentax, and Russian lenses also, i just afraid to open some valuable lens like this one, i need this lens and was looking for one long time so its streess for me
Rolf wrote:
If I were you I would go with this problem to a repair shop.

Wink

i live in Ireland as I know nobody is fixing lenses here, shops send them to uk what is making a cost off the fixing 4x more then it shuld be

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some members from Ireland here within this forum. Maybe they can help you to find a repair shop.
Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact first our members hk300 and trifox both of them offer repair service on good price and both are professional. I rare fix or never valuable items by myself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Contact first our members hk300 and trifox both of them offer repair service on good price and both are professional. I rare fix or never valuable items by myself.

+1 highly recommended

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's lads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another hint, if fungus is not much just left in peace and enjoy your lens. Most people make big mistake if see they see any fungus they would repair it immediately what is wrong. Lens safety , coating off, extra expense etc. Store it right, UV filter as lens cap , transparent storage environment to allow light throw and fungus will never grow. That would be nice also if humidity always below 60% in storage environment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean, but is not only fungus its brown hase also,
it looks like drops off the fluid, cement between those two elements
i know if it will be removed quality will go down, mayby is any chance to replaced it? Canadian balm or something or i just have to close it up to 5,6
to use it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adriano210 wrote:
i know what you mean, but is not only fungus its brown hase also,
it looks like drops off the fluid, cement between those two elements
i know if it will be removed quality will go down, mayby is any chance to replaced it? Canadian balm or something or i just have to close it up to 5,6
to use it

In this case contact above guys first whom I already suggested. To fix modern lenses not same than fix a Helios-40. Many of them have glued elements what is basically un-cleanable in home environment.