Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax/Cosmicar/Navitar/Naviton 75mm F/1.4 anyone have it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nordentro for your welcome!

Yes probably the anti spam creates the problem, I didn't find a way to post the picture...

And yes again concerning the Ampex 50 1.4 which is a rebadging of the Cosmicar that I have, i second your observations; but globally a very nice lens.

The nice thing with these cosmicars is that it's very easy to unscrew the helicoid (just by removing at first the aluminium part at the back of the lenses) and so you can go much closer (close focus) than normal setup. Just be careful not to go too far doing this otherwise the helicoid comes off and it's a little bit tricky to put it back.

With the 12,5mm cosmicar 1.4 doing this i can go to focus close to a few centimeters from the subject which is nice...

But this is a bit out of topic Razz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 3 of them: Cosmicar 75/1.4 and 2 x Navitar 75/1.3 - all black and looking very similar.
In my tests Navitars much better than Cosmicar. Cosmicar a little better in vignetting (I've never seen dark corners on pictures from it), but much worse in SA wide open. All 3 have sensible CA wide open, but also good contrast and sharpness. Geometry isn't so good))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 'Apollo' version which is slightly longer in focal length but otherwise identical to the 'TV Lens' blach version - I have posted about it before. It's my best lens on the G2 bar none, very sharp, great bokeh etc. I suspect maybe yours might be decentred or??

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought Cosmicar 75/1,4
sharp start f2, wideopen soft
samples

crop 100%