Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Cosmicar 75 1.4 test samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Pentax Cosmicar 75 1.4 test samples Reply with quote

This is the last version made. It is the black one.
In my other thread I promised to post some pics of the lens. I will try to take some over the weekend.
Lighting in my house is pretty bad. So I will probably take them outside.

I tried the lens on my Panny G1 today for the first time.
It fits the adapter and you do get infinity. No mods at all.

Here are two shots taken today. I will post more over the next few days.

First shot is with the Panny G1.
Second shot is with the Nikon J1.
Both handheld at 16', auto wb, ISO 100, 1/1600s, f1.4, jpeg, same processing.

]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great portrait lens, I guess. Could you take some portrait photos so we can see this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What adapter did you use on the G1? I have one (G1) on the way to me and I am working out my adapters "too buy list".. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anfyrt wrote:
It is a great portrait lens, I guess. Could you take some portrait photos so we can see this?

Sure. It will be a few days.
I haven't had much free time
Lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
What adapter did you use on the G1? I have one (G1) on the way to me and I am working out my adapters "too buy list".. Very Happy

Mo, congrats on the G1. I still love mine even tho I know their are better m4/3 cameras available.

I've had this cmount adapter for quite awhile. I bought it from Big is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes without saying the price dictates the buy... Laughing I was looking at an Oly P1 but this G1 came up for sale and I jumped ship.I don't mind the older camera and from what I have seen it does very well with the older MF lenses. Do you use it much?

I have ordered an adapter from Big_is after reading about him/them on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly shooting with my J1. I got interested in the 1" sensor, and super fast af.
Bought a chipped adapter so I've also been trying it out with my Minolta MD lenses.
I've been thinking about buying a Panny G3 body. I've seen a few go pretty cheap.
Really want to try a newer Panny body to see how I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly is an adictive hobby Laughing Have you checked out KEH,they have some good prices on some near new bodies...well there were some the last time I looked.

The J1 is the Nikon is it not?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It certainly is an adictive hobby Laughing Have you checked out KEH,they have some good prices on some near new bodies...well there were some the last time I looked.

The J1 is the Nikon is it not?

Very addictive. I'm lucky I've bought almost all my Legacy glass cheap.
Thanks. I will check KEH and see what they have.

Yes, the J1 is part if the Nikon 1 system. I bought one of the refurb kits.
For me to buy a camera it has to be used and cheap. Or new and fire sale pricing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For me to buy a camera it has to be used and cheap. Or new and fire sale pricing
Amen to that Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few pics from today. First 2 are with Nikon J1. 1st pic is f2.8. Second is f4.

Third pic is f2.8 with my Panny G1. Sadly the light changed before I could shoot with the G1.
Sorry I'm so slow posting pics but I've had a lot of personal issues to deal with.
I will try to shoot some portraits soon and post them.