Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax and M42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I bought a Pentax K2 a while back and it had an SMC Tak 55mm f/1.8 attached to it. I thought it was a K-mount lens, until I noticed it didn't have the big white bump where the lens disengagement button is located on the mount. It didn't want to dismount easily, so after some experimentation, I realized it was M42, and just unscrewed it, only to find a genuine Pentax adapter mounted into the lens mount. It didn't want to budge easily. I used a screwdriver wedged into a crevice and was able to back it out of the mount without too much difficulty. But I haven't used it since. It's too much trouble having to dig out a screwdriver every time I want to change a lens.

Sounds more like one of the cheap adapters to me I've never had any trouble removing a PK-M42 adapter with just my fingers.