Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Surprisingly useful ISO 8000....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Surprisingly useful ISO 8000.... Reply with quote

....on these new generation sensors , in this case it's my little (almost pedestrian at first sight) Sony A 5000.
I made some tests in low light , and even if not very good quality , the results are still surprisingly useable for not so picky applications .
Some samples , resized
all with the kit lens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results. I use 8000 myself on my A6000 with very acceptable results.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Great results. I use 8000 myself on my A6000 with very acceptable results.
Thank you ! Please post some samples of yours here if you want . I am glad you said you also use this setting , I thought I am exagerating. But the results are acceptable , if we don't afford a FF

Now this is another sample from this evening , taken with Hexanon 40/1,8 at 2,8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I visited with some friends a monastery not far from my town . It was almost darkness outside , and in the curch it was very very dim light from some candles , a weak bulb for the text that a noun was reading ,and a bit of light from the altar that indirectly was weakly throwing some light in this little church . It was an evening service.
I used ISO 8000 ,and f2(aprox, set between 1,8 and 2,Cool on my Hexanon 40/1,8 Handheld

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive results Teo!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you , Klaus! I am still learning this camera , the sofrware and buttons a bit different to the nex3 makes it a bit strange in use.For example , for many of these I could be using the low light program wich takes several shots and combines them but I totally forgot that.