Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentaka adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Pentaka adapter Reply with quote

I've scored 2.8/40 Zeiss Sonnar in Pentaka mount, I know that some of you use it on mirrorless, would appreciate any tips on how to adapt it to m4/3 and NEX.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentaka cine camera lenses are designed for standard 8 film and are in all probability
d-mount, you would have difficulty adapting to Nex or 4/3 as the lens has a very short flange focal distance and tiny circle of coverage.

Pentax Q is the best for that and d-mount adapters are readily available

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar camera exists in 16mm too, what lens do you have ? 8mm is very small like usual cine lens , 16mm is big like an SLR lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, well I know for certain that it's not a d-mount and yes it's a 8mm camera, but 40mm Sonnar is supposed to be usable at least on m4/3, all other lenses of the series have too large vignetting. Stefan (std) is using it on m4/3 and Klaus commented on it in German forum, so I assume he also has it. I did a bit of research before bidding Wink

Now I found this thread, yesterday my google didn't work so well http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-sonnar-2-8-40-on-e-p1-t29189.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather a late reply (hey it's less than 10 years!) but perhaps useful to someone else who stumbles across this thread looking up the Pentaka Mount
It appears to be an interrupted M18x1 screw thread with registration somewhere around 15mm (slightly less than normal c-mount). The threaded sections only cover about 10mm on opposite sides of the lens & should function as bayonet tabs.

RAF camera have made an adapter to c-mount which I may end up getting if my DIY efforts don't work well.
The particular examples of the mount I have (on the way at least) are 12.5mm & 25mm biotar designs which I intend to mount on a Pentax Q so the poor coverage shouldn't be too big a problem Laugh 1
(My 6.5mm d-mount covers most of the sensor)