Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six to Fuji FGX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six to Fuji FGX Reply with quote

Pentacon Six to Fuji FGX adapters are rather expensive (100 Euro, is about the cheapest one can find).

So I was thinking if a double adapter would work as well.
And by this I mean screwing a "P6-M42" adapter onto a "M42-Fuji FGX" adapter. Such a double adapter would only cost 55 Euro.

But would this work? Or will this give dark edges because of the narrowing inside this double adapter?

I do not have such a camera BTW. I am trying to help out a (rich Wink) friend who just bought one and raised this question.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really need to stack adapters, buy P6->EOS and EOS to GFX. The mount diameter of EOS is much larger than M42.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
If you really need to stack adapters, buy P6->EOS and EOS to GFX. The mount diameter of EOS is much larger than M42.

Thanks for the reply Calvin. That's indeed very usefull information. And for sure it will be a better solution then the one I had in mind.
I have to admit that I mostly thought about the usefulness of the separate adapters when I came up with the idea to stack these two specific adapters.

But do you think that even with these stacked P6-EOS and EOS-GFX adapters the possible problem of vignetting can be ruled out?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p6 is a bit tricky. the best price-performance maker in china is LAINA but they have everything but p6:
https://jgjsm.world.tmall.com/category-1343512245.htm

they make very good quality adapters but not all of them are in good price range. gfx and Z and R adapter are the best deal. all medium format adapters to FF is very reasonable. finally the price for obd mounts are good as well. mamiya ZE- contax g- fujica X . etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about the vignetting as I don't the experience. There is a better way to stake adapter if you really care about any possible vignetting: P6->MAMIYA 645 + M645 to GFX. For heavy lens, it is better to use one adapter or two high quality adapters. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raxar for the link. I hadn't heard of that manufacturer before.

Thanks Calvin. That's definitely the best and cheapest solution for the problem.
A P6 to Mamiya 645 costs about 18 Euro, a Mamiya 645 to Fuji GFX can be bought for 48 Euro.
That last adapter is the most expensive but luckily also the most useful for separate use.

Problem solved Smile. Thanks all for your contributions.