Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six Sonnar 180 has rough sex with Leica M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six Sonnar 180 has rough sex with Leica M Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay.de

I had to buy this abomination to see what the heck this experiment is all about Laughing

Any idea if this could actually work?

I'm dying of curiosity to try this lens out Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely works, this lens is most abused one what I ever seen Shocked

This is a Sonnar designed for Leica.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/sonnar/leica_military_sonnar_18cm/?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that thing almost looks as if somebody set fire to it... If it did not suffer some extra unmentioned damage in its years down in the gravel pit, it should work. Probably scale focus only, unless it is adapted for a Visoflex (in which case you'll need one of the latter).

If the mechanics are completely wasted and you can't use it, drop me a note. I have sometimes fancied building a large format lens from some 180/2.8 optical cells...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo
Curious your opinion of how large of an image circle you feel that lens can cover?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be surprised if it could cover 9x12 or 4x5 - Sonnars tend to have a coverage good for a normal, and 180mm is a bit longer than normal for 4x5. It is quite a massive bit of glass too, and looks like a upscaled regular Sonnar, and not as if they'd omitted the glass not needed for 6x6, as common on more recent designs.