Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six Right Angle Finder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six Right Angle Finder Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy a Pentacon Six Right Angle Finder, but do you think it could be used on my 350D - I mean opticaly ?

I know that I will have to do a home made mount but that's not a problem so far.

Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentacon Six Right Angle Finder Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Hi,
I have the opportunity to buy a Pentacon Six Right Angle Finder, but do you think it could be used on my 350D - I mean opticaly ?

No, but I could use it on my Pentacon 6! Very Happy

jokes aside, I don't know, but I doubt it's adaptable.
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, unfortunately this finder has been already moded to be mounted on unknow camera, I guess the original mount has gone Confused

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I already have an angle finder Very Happy
It makes you a bit dizzy (shows the world mirrored), but is a useful tool, great for focusing with the included loupe!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used angle finder on my Nikon d50 only one times and sold it. It wasn't a useful tool to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
No problem, I already have an angle finder Very Happy
It makes you a bit dizzy (shows the world mirrored), but is a useful tool, great for focusing with the included loupe!

Some of them have an un-fliped view, you see the life no mirrored :

http://www.macrobellows.com/right_angle_finder.php

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my Englishalian has betrayed me.
I did not mean those angle finder, what I have is the waist finder - for P6.
Much older looking than those.

I have the Canon angle viewfinder also - works very well for still lives or when photographing cats or children, or small plants (the reason I bought it for), and also enlarges the image of the 400D.
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best finder for the P6 IMO is the magnifier hood or "head" as described and shown here:

Scroll down to image no. [C309-26]

http://www.pentaconsix.com/WLF.htm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Best finder for the P6 IMO is the magnifier hood or "head" as described and shown here:
Scroll down to image no. [C309-26]
http://www.pentaconsix.com/WLF.htm

Interesting info, thanks Bob!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Orio:

It makes a big difference to focusing in general especially with the Flek 50.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
@ Orio:
It makes a big difference to focusing in general especially with the Flek 50.

I see, Bob.
Unfortunately, no exemplar for sale on the bay, unless Carsten with one of his miracle German language searches could conjure up one for me.
-