Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie Reply with quote

My new toys are just arrived (and I already have CLAd the Zorki and filled with B&W film). Aren't they old beauties?

[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I like your photo, makes them look classy.

I always wanted that Pentacon model, or it's cousin (The Contax D). One day I will get one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it for 24,50 euro (shipment included). A steal even if I'll have to pay 40-50 euro for CLA, inside it's completely new.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon is very cheap as usual here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that lens on the Zorki, a copy of the famous collapsible Elmar used by Cartier-Bresson?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good photo of two classics... excellent advertising too, as I immediately started to salivate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Is that lens on the Zorki, a copy of the famous collapsible Elmar used by Cartier-Bresson?

Yep, Industar 22 50/3.5 .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yep, just the name Zeiss on it and I would have paid for it about 100 euro. What I wasn't prepared to see was a brand new shutter cloth inside.

Last edited by A G Photography on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks identical, in fact. Those Soviets were really good copiers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yep, just the name Zeiss on it and I would have paid for it about 100 euro. What I wasn't prepared to see was a brand new shutter cloth inside.

YES. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
That's a really good photo of two classics... excellent advertising too, as I immediately started to salivate

LOL, you see, with you my real food shots are usually ineffective, but knowing your achilles heel... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Nesster wrote:

LOL, you see, with you my real food shots are usually ineffective, but knowing your achilles heel... Wink

Sure Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
My new toys are just arrived (and I already have CLAd the Zorki and filled with B&W film). Aren't they old beauties?

They look great !!! Like them both.

I would consider the Contax D/Pentacon FM the most beautiful M42 SLR (even than the Bessaflex or the Asahi Pentax cameras).

Congratulations .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look to be in really good condition.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool !

I want one of those Contax models. They seemed like quality cameras, compared to many of the Pakticas that followed.

They can be found, but they seem to go for a premium here.