Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie Reply with quote

My new toys are just arrived (and I already have CLAd the Zorki and filled with B&W film). Aren't they old beauties?

[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I like your photo, makes them look classy.

I always wanted that Pentacon model, or it's cousin (The Contax D). One day I will get one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it for 24,50 euro (shipment included). A steal even if I'll have to pay 40-50 euro for CLA, inside it's completely new.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon is very cheap as usual here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that lens on the Zorki, a copy of the famous collapsible Elmar used by Cartier-Bresson?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good photo of two classics... excellent advertising too, as I immediately started to salivate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Is that lens on the Zorki, a copy of the famous collapsible Elmar used by Cartier-Bresson?

Yep, Industar 22 50/3.5 .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yep, just the name Zeiss on it and I would have paid for it about 100 euro. What I wasn't prepared to see was a brand new shutter cloth inside.

Last edited by A G Photography on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks identical, in fact. Those Soviets were really good copiers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yep, just the name Zeiss on it and I would have paid for it about 100 euro. What I wasn't prepared to see was a brand new shutter cloth inside.

YES. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
That's a really good photo of two classics... excellent advertising too, as I immediately started to salivate

LOL, you see, with you my real food shots are usually ineffective, but knowing your achilles heel... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Nesster wrote:

LOL, you see, with you my real food shots are usually ineffective, but knowing your achilles heel... Wink

Sure Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon FM and Zorki Ie Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
My new toys are just arrived (and I already have CLAd the Zorki and filled with B&W film). Aren't they old beauties?

They look great !!! Like them both.

I would consider the Contax D/Pentacon FM the most beautiful M42 SLR (even than the Bessaflex or the Asahi Pentax cameras).

Congratulations .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look to be in really good condition.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool !

I want one of those Contax models. They seemed like quality cameras, compared to many of the Pakticas that followed.

They can be found, but they seem to go for a premium here.