Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon electric 50 with weird mark on glass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Pentacon electric 50 with weird mark on glass Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just went to a car boot sale with a friend and she picked up a pentacon electric 50/1.8 thats a little beat up (dent in filter ring, smaller dent in focus ring), and one very odd thing about it is that it seems to have a flower-like symbol/mark actually on one of the rear elements, either on the inner surface of the rear element, or on the second element in from the rearmost one. It doesn't look like a crack or anything of the sort, it almost looks like someone intentionally put it there, and its not on the edge, its a little bit just off the centre of the glass element. It looks a lot like the MSNBC logo, but a complete circle (the MSNBC logo is only a half-circle). I haven't got any pictures of it yet, but has anyone heard of or seen this before? I will try and post pictures sometime soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not a patch of fungus?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Are you sure it's not a patch of fungus?

Pretty sure, its transparent, part of the glass.

I thought it was fungus at first too until I took a better look.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lens grinding mark? I´ve seen those in eyeglasses.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look like this?

In my case the guess was element separation.

http://forum.mflenses.com/is-this-fungus-t46322.html

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is exactly it!

Can it really be element separation if two lenses have the same mark in the same spot?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my pentacon 135/2,8 had it too, I thought it was oil

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
my pentacon 135/2,8 had it too, I thought it was oil

Is it also the same shape?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in past too, no idea what is this.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar pattern, I sold it

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it also in the same location as that shown on the photos? Could it be some sort of ID mark do you think (anyone)?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No id mark for sure I saw only once from hundred of East German items, I saw it on rare Meyer Domiron 2/50 lens

http://www.fotosbolt.com/objektiv-adapter-fenykepezogep-galeria/meyer-optik/domiron-50mm-f2-meyer-optik-gorlitz