Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon electric 50/1.8 infinity?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Pentacon electric 50/1.8 infinity? Reply with quote

I bought a practia plc2 as present for brother in law - the camera needs some light seals but otherwise is in good shape. I kind of like it.

The lens in the subject was loose - ie, the sections weren't tight to each other, the whole assembly sloshed about. So I found the three screws to tighten the assembly.

But now I can't get infinity, not even close - it makes a pretty nifty macro Wink
What do I need to do to get infinity focus?

I saw this thread
http://forum.mflenses.com/flektogon-20-2-8-infinity-setting-t7070.html
looks a bit similar - do I loosen the three screws, then rotate the front element, or something?

thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentacon electric 50/1.8 infinity? Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I bought a practia plc2 as present for brother in law - the camera needs some light seals but otherwise is in good shape. I kind of like it.

The lens in the subject was loose - ie, the sections weren't tight to each other, the whole assembly sloshed about. So I found the three screws to tighten the assembly.

But now I can't get infinity, not even close - it makes a pretty nifty macro Wink
What do I need to do to get infinity focus?

I saw this thread
http://forum.mflenses.com/flektogon-20-2-8-infinity-setting-t7070.html
looks a bit similar - do I loosen the three screws, then rotate the front element, or something?

thanks!

No, the construction of these two lenses is completely different.

I'm not sure of two points in your question:
- which three screws are you referring to, do you mean the three at the mount end?
- are you saying the lens doesn't focus on infinity through the viewfinder, or do you mean you can't rotate the focus dial to the infinity mark, or maybe both?

I would suggest you first try unscrewing the filter ring and loosen the three screws deep down inside round the front element. This releases the focus dial from the helicoil. Then set the lens on infinity focus in the viewfinder (using the screwhead to rotate the helicoil) and then reset the dial at the oo position and tighten the screws.

Here's a link to show how to dismantle this lens.
http://www.dughir.ro/articles.php?article=./articles/article00002.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screws I tightened were in the mount end.

I can rotate the focus dial to infininty but the focus isn't at infinity then. I think your instructions are clear and just what I need to do. Thank you

that is, apart from learing to spell Praktica

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an very old tread but I had an almost similar problem. I had just received an old Pentacon Electric with two issues: Infinity and loose focus ring. It may be just one problem.

With an AF Confirm M42 attached, when aiming at far away object, when focus to infinity, the camera AF light will come on at times if the contrast is high but visually I can see that it's not tack sharp yet. A harder push will improve the sharpness.

The focus ring got quite a bit of free play. At the near focus end, the slag seems more.

Can somebody here show me how to solve this or link me to where such issues had been addressed.