Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 and anchestor lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 and anchestor lenses Reply with quote

My first 35mm manual lens was a Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 what is came out with my Praktica MTL5B. After 20yrs rest I tried out with my first DSLR body Nikon D50. I found this lens is average , nothing special. A few weeks ago I bought a Meyer-Orestor 50mm f/1.8 I liked lot better and today I bought Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 early version lens. This lens is real beauty I can't wait for test. I expect very good result good as CZJ Pancolar 50mm f/1.8. I don't like at all the latest Pentacon lenses , they are looks crap and their aperture knife is not the best at all. I like very much early Pentacons and Meyer lenses.

Any comment ?

Last edited by Attila on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show the pics (front and mount) of these lenses. How to differentiate between Auto and Electric version...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made mistake mine is Pentacon Auto not electric , this is early version.

like this but with Pentacon Auto label on front.

http://www.praktica-collector.de/Oreston_1.8_50.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu, I have the earlier electric version with lower case gravure http://www.praktica-collector.de/Pentacon_electric_1.8_50_MC_old.htm. I don't think there's any optical difference to the auto version.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample shoots, please use the bigger size link you can found above the picture on the top right side. All shoots taken at f/4 with Olympus E-1