Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 50mm 1.8 accessing 3rd element in from each end.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Pentacon 50mm 1.8 accessing 3rd element in from each end. Reply with quote

Got a Pentacon 50mm and trying to work out how to get between the 2nd and 3rd elements from each respective end.

If you're reading this, you probably know it's easy enough to take out the very front and rearmost elements.

It's also easy to remove the front and rear groups entirely.

But where I'm stuck is the 2nd and 3rd elements that are left in each group.

I can't seem to unscrew anything to access in between them.

I always assumed they were cemented together yet there is clearly dust in between them!?

I thought maybe it wasn't dust, and just the basalm/cement gone bad or something but it really looks like dust, I just can't work out how it got there.

What's going on?

Anyone have any ideas?

Forced myself to learn to strip and clean the aperture blades and grease the helicoid and now it's being spoiled by this lol

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon 50mm 1.8 accessing 3rd element in from each end Reply with quote

Hi. Maybe the dust is between the first and second glass on each part? For what I see online, yes, there are two cemented groups. So no dust there I imagine. Although I have seen fungus growing in between... I have a Pancolar with a tiny bit of fungus growing there, uncleanable. And balsam separation looks quite different from dust.