Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 50/1.8 - Secret Alien Spotting Lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 50/1.8 - Secret Alien Spotting Lens? Reply with quote

I was out last night and had this lens with me. Used wide open @1600 iso and I could still only get 1/25 shutter speed.

However, I discovered this lens' true strength. You can spot alien craft with it.

I took a number of shots in the same area and these strange blob kept appearing and the pattern was similar but not identical. I shot straight up and nothing. They had gone. I turned 180 degree and they appeared again in a fairly unlit area.

I had a friend with me that was shooting in the same area but no lights were showing. No doubt someone knows the real reason behind this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware!!!

Look at your neighbors.

Can they move the small finger ? Can you? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you ran for cover before they could abduct you. Or did they?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should send this pic to NASA, they are more experimented than MFlenses for such issues Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aliens are probably reflections of the bright lights elsewhere in the picture (that's also why they didn't appear straight up). Did you have a filter on?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have a UV filter in place - My friend didn't experience them, not sure about UV. He may post in a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

If you look to the green spots pattern in the part uppen they agree with the lights in the downside near the boats (2-2-2-3).

Only Reflexions!

Good bye "ufos"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was standing next to Martin using digital with a UV and took roughly the same shot without the interesting dots.

Having studied the shot above I agree they are reflections from the lights on the walkway between the boats.

That doesn't expalin why Martin's eyes turned red and he kept on repeating "I don't need no doctor" shortly after taking the shot; so I guess there could still be am element of UFO out there!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do like the mirrored highlights from below. It seems to me that even the lines of the tall building are faintly mirrored

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark07968 wrote:
That doesn't expalin why Martin's eyes turned red and he kept on repeating "I don't need no doctor" shortly after taking the shot; so I guess there could still be am element of UFO out there!!

My eyes all always red!

And I did not repeat myself. And I did not repeat myself. And I did not repeat myself. And I did not repeat myself. And I did not repeat myself.

Serious question now.....why did it happen to me and not to Mark07968? Is it a lens flaw or the UV filter?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately aliens. FACT.

I've had these random green dots when using a Pentacon 50/1.8 as well BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Serious question now.....why did it happen to me and not to Mark07968? Is it a lens flaw or the UV filter?

More likely the UV filter - internal reflections on a curved lens surface would be at a different scale. These ones match the mirrored image pretty exactly (which also means that the lens is well centred).

And now please look into that flashy-thing... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also say these are reflections of other lights in the picture. i had shots with similar effects...

http://forum.mflenses.com/super-multi-coated-takumar-3-5-24-lens-flares-t15966.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I did have a UV filter in place - My friend didn't experience them, not sure about UV. He may post in a bit.

I recommend using filters only when absolutely necessary… Especially in nighttime shots they often result in reflections like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Asahi Pentax created a 'ghostless' UV filter in the 60's for this very problem. its a curved filter. not sure how it works though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I just looked at my Pentacon and lo and behold there's a UV (0) filter on it Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UV reflexions. But if you doubt, simpler thing: shot it again with and without filter and see. I think that not more than this can help you seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has nothing to do specifically with UV; any kind of filter can create ghost images of bright light sources in night shots. The bright lights reflect off the sensor (or film) and then the rear of the filter reflects it back into the lens and onto the sensor again (but diagonally mirrored).

Good articles on this:
http://toothwalker.org/optics/flare.html (scroll down to section on "filter flare")
http://toothwalker.org/optics/filterflare.html

I'm surprised that this question comes up here - no self respecting photographer should be ignorant of this. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
It has nothing to do specifically with UV; any kind of filter can create ghost images of bright light sources in night shots. The bright lights reflect off the sensor (or film) and then the rear of the filter reflects it back into the lens and onto the sensor again (but diagonally mirrored).

Good articles on this:
http://toothwalker.org/optics/flare.html (scroll down to section on "filter flare")
http://toothwalker.org/optics/filterflare.html

I'm surprised that this question comes up here - no self respecting photographer should be ignorant of this. Wink

It's very important, before post, read every posted. We mencioned UV because martinsmith99 Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:14 pm Post subject: I did have a UV filter in place.

Very good articles, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings earthlings, I mean you no harm. I and my compatriots from planet Zog were making a reconnaisance flight over your Bristol docks last night in our fleet of little green craft designed especially to negotiate your putrid and light-ridden atmosphere. We had our special light-deflecting shields up as usual. We used data on virtually every instrument that you strange creatures from the blue planet have been able to devise with your limited intelligence to design our shields and we were absolutely confident we were invisible to all of you.

Suddenly, to our amazement, it became obvious that two young men standing by the dock, carrying special light-sensitive equipment, had become aware of our presence and we were forced to make a quick get-away. Since then we have been doing intensive research on your internet to find out more about the equipment they were using and I found this thread. By the way, how come you used a word from our language to name your faviourite search engine?

It seems we didn't reckon with the amazing powers of the Pentacon 1.8/50, a lens we thought nobody would bother using any longer. We now have to go back to the drawing board and redesign our light shields, but have no fear, we WILL be coming back! For the time being I bid you all farewell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

+1!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

More likely the UV filter - internal reflections on a curved lens surface would be at a different scale. These ones match the mirrored image pretty exactly (which also means that the lens is well centred).

And now please look into that flashy-thing... Cool

Agree~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing @ Peter