Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 135/2.8 Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 135/2.8 Test Reply with quote

Ok, next in line is the Pentacon 135mm.

Comments on lens & picture quality is more than welcome Smile

Chinon 23/3,5
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=895
Pentacon 28/2.8
Porst 50/1.8
Pentacon 50/1,8
Chinon 135/2.8
Pentacon 135/2.8
Soligor 200/3.5
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=864[/url]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice pics! Great lens (as some of us know) Wink

No. 2 is my fav!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please.. no more 135mm results.. I am done with this focal length.. cant buy more... Twisted Evil

#1 is so lively.. great capture...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love your results Lahnet!
Which version of the Pentacon 135 are you using?
I ask because there are many. I own the last one but it does not seem to perform as well as yours.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I just love your results Lahnet!
Which version of the Pentacon 135 are you using?
I ask because there are many. I own the last one but it does not seem to perform as well as yours.

I am not sure.

Details:
Pentacon auto 2.8/135 MC

It is black.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Please.. no more 135mm results.. I am done with this focal length.. cant buy more... Twisted Evil

#1 is so lively.. great capture...

Ballu, the good thing is that the 135mm lenses are really affordable and some offer great performance for little money.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite lens Smile , great photos with a great lens. Congratulation!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely set of pictures again Lahnet. I'm not sure what camera/metering mode etc you're using, but on my screen one or two of the pictures look possibly a little over-exposed, particularly the geese and the rowing boat. Maybe a little compensation is needed.

LucisPictor wrote:
Great lens (as some of us know)

the good thing is that the 135mm lenses are really affordable and some offer great performance for little money.

I finally won a zebra Meyer Oreston 2.8/135 this afternoon for ?13.
It's my 4th 135! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation Peter ! You did the right thing I have also 5-10 different Pentacon 135mm. So cheap and so good lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
A lovely set of pictures again Lahnet. I'm not sure what camera/metering mode etc you're using, but on my screen one or two of the pictures look possibly a little over-exposed, particularly the geese and the rowing boat. Maybe a little compensation is needed.

Thanks.

Yes I know, but remember the pictures I post here is from the first time these lenses is mounted on my camera. I hope that I will be able to post in the gallery some day Very Happy
I also must admit that I find it "hard" to work EV and MF on every picture. BUT it is also fun.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
I hope that I will be able to post in the gallery some day Very Happy

It's easy. You should write an article, insert some links to images and *submit*. Very Happy

Just kidding. They are worth showing in the gallery. Nobody expects perfection. And I think that nobody here qualifies his images as perfect. Perfection lies in the eyes of the viewer and everybody has different standards and opinions. We are here to share and learn from each other... at least mostly Twisted Evil

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lahnet I can move this thread to the gallery if you like, Really like this lens I have the pentacon version. It would be nice to compare the meyer side by side to if there are any physical differences.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
I have the pentacon version. It would be nice to compare the meyer side by side to if there are any physical differences.

Bob, here's the zebra Meyer version I won today. This was manufactured just before the Meyer name was replaced by Pentacon. Note the preset aperture ring near the front of the lens. This also has a 15 blade diaphragm. The later Pentacons have an A/M switch and the aperture dial close to the rear of the lens, and I think only 6 blades.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Hi lahnet I can move this thread to the gallery if you like, Really like this lens I have the pentacon version. It would be nice to compare the meyer side by side to if there are any physical differences.

Let just keep it here Very Happy

As you might have guess by know, I am working my way through my "new" lenses and the comments i receive are really appreciated.

And yes - it could be nice to compare two lenses side by side. I guess we had to find something to take a picture of. Maybe a CD cover on a chair from 10 meteres. Outside i clear light. F8.

If we could agree to a standard picture, it would be easy to compare a lot of lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant physically compare lenses. But yes I suppose taking same reference picture may work. Peter Mine is marked pentacon and has 15 blades + Zebra, externally It is identical, I am guessing internally as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Very Happy