Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pentacon 135/2.8 mc aperture dial
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: pentacon 135/2.8 mc aperture dial Reply with quote

Hi!

Received this lens yesterday and now I've found out that the aperture dial is not moving the blades at all. It started suddenly.

The problem is not the A/M switch. It works. I've managed to narrow down the problem to the blade arm, the one that actually closes or opens the aperture blades and/or the part which is mounted on the dial.

I'll try to put up some pictures to clarify my blabber later today.

Any help would be appreciated. I really like the lens already and would like use it asap. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping with pictures.

Any ideas?? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some oil in the aperture blades causing the mechanism to 'stick'. If you flick the aperture lever on the lens and it does not move smoothly. Then it's a cleaning job which means taking the lens apart from the front to back to get at the aperture blades to clean. I'll assume the springs operating the A/M switch/lever are ok and that someone has not played around with them. There should be two springs pulling from opposite ends with the aperture lever connection in the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flicking the lever moves the blades smoothly... Smile

But I have only one spring. Shocked