Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 100mm f/2.8 wide open portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 100mm f/2.8 wide open portrait Reply with quote

Last edited by Attila on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, my aesthetical sense feels a rebellion when watching this.
For lenses it doesnt really matter (I mean, it's easy to reference them elsewhere), but ruining your daughter's face with the logo is really a crime against the sense of elegance and beauty and the arts!! if Raffaello saw something like that done to one of his portraits, it would have dropped the easels and become a fisherman! Laughing
Can't you for once just place a normal, small and cornered logo like (for instance) I do?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH, finally!!!
It's like breathing fresh air, not to have that huge thing printed on your face (actually, on HER face)

Athena, the Goddess of the Arts, thanks you for that. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, this is a beautiful picture and I don't say that very often. The lighting is superb and for me you've found just the right amount of softness. She looks possibly a little flushed - is that make-up?

I agree with Orio about the logo - much better now !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make a reasonable contribution - but I have to say that this portrait is very very beautiful. Orio told everything that has to been said, I agree fully with him. Wonderful!

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Attila, this is a beautiful picture and I don't say that very often. The lighting is superb and for me you've found just the right amount of softness. She looks possibly a little flushed - is that make-up?

I agree with Orio about the logo - much better now !

There wasn't any make-up. Thank you for you nice words!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! You made my day !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you guys! You made my day !

You have really a talent for portraiture, Attila. Sure you can use beautiful models and that is an advantage to start from, but it's only half of the way. The rest you have to walk with your legs and you do it really well. You make appropriate composition, great posing direction, and very tasteful light and exposure choices.
And you often make the final result to appear natural, which is the most difficult thing of all.

So kudos here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

There wasn't any make-up.

Thanks God (and you) for that. I HATE make up in portrait photos, unless it's glamour/fashion, which of course is all about camouflage and it's a genre of its own kind.
I can not understand why people needs to hide their face behind makeup. It hides all the natural translucency of the skin.
If you are beautiful, you don't need to make up.
If you are not beautiful, the make up will make you look uglier on photograph in 99% of the cases.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
...If you are beautiful, you don't need to make up...

That's right and most obviously, this pretty girl does not need any make-up!

This is your daughter, Attila?
I never would have guessed that you can produce such a beautiful offspring! Wink
Oh wait, maybe her mother is the pretty one. Wink

No, just kidding... I do not even know if you're a handsome guy or not!

But this portrait shows a charming young lady! That's for sure!

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

This is your daughter, Attila?
Carsten

Yes, she is ! Smile She is 17th years old, best ages started for portrait photography and she a such a good girl if I like to make any photo she has always enough patient to me.

Last edited by Attila on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yes, she is ! Smile She is 17th years old, best ages started for portrait photography and she a such a good girl if I like to make any photo she has always enough patient to me.

You can see from the photos, that she loves much her dad!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the only plausible explanation is she's adopted! Somebody
had to say it Laughing Simply beautiful, Attila, and the picture, too. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am so lucky with my kids, no teenager problems at all. We have true friendship instead conventional father-daughter relation.