Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Paul Smith Alpa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Paul Smith Alpa Reply with quote

Just found something fun: only two of those were made, and they're on sale at the same time Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Makro-Switar 50/1,9 is an outstanding lens (someone cosiders it the best 50mm. ever made), although in the practical use I haven't seen much difference between this one and the earlier Makro-Sw. 50/1,8.

When it appears on the market it usually sells for a high price, but 2.674,- USD seems a lot to me. I think that Leicashop in Vienna had one for sale at a lower price.

The other, VERY expensive camera is a "new" Alpa, made by the firm that acquired the brand name. It's a most well-made instrument, but has nothing to do with the original photo-optical branch of Pignons SA in Ballaigues, CH, although these new products are made under the highest quality standards.

Best wishes,

Enzo (E.L.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Thank you!