Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pathe Freres 150mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Pathe Freres 150mm Reply with quote

Today I bought a lens from Pathe Freres. It reads on the side
Cinematographe Pathe Freres F = 150mm
and on the lens
OBJEKTIF CINEMA No.44108.
HERMAGIS OPT n B te S.G.D.G. PARIS

In freelens-mode there was no way of getting a focus.
Does anyone know the flange focal distance of this fens?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gather some toilette paper roller and start to make tube Wink hold lens and tube before a digital camera with live view you fill find it, or just simple use rollers plus a matte plate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we get some pics taken with it ? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the answer!
The diameter is 58, length 85, lens diameter about 42. The lens is probably from a 35mm film projector, type Pertzval.
The Problem seems to be that the biconvex lens is missing. With only the front lens the flange focal distance is about 240mm.
I learned an easy way to find it out: direct the lens toward a point-light, hold a dark paper behind it and change the distance until the light is the smallest, thats the focus.
If I use only the cemented element I have a 300mm lens and freelensing I get mush, sorry for that. In the last 2 pictures one can sense, the sensor only catches a small part of the image circle.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can try to adapt it, on the helicoidal focusing system. You can find this solution on Ebay for few bucks....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathe is one of the most famous cine projector maker, before you make any damage to feed your curiosity , try to sell it for good money and buy something else more useful item.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with you Attila.

I understand your point of view about the risk to destroy something that wasn't design to be use at first for pics shooting, but I use in a large majority lenses that are not made for photography (cine lenses, xray system, production lines scans), and I learned to use them by disassembling to clean up or to adapt these lenses.

I prefer to try to adapt something than just selling this away.

That's a real pleasure, when you can take some "clean" shoots with a lens you give a second new life.

But, yes Attila, there is always a risk about damaging the lens.... That's the deal....