Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Pancolar bokeh Reply with quote

Pancolar (zebra) Electric 1.8/50
Always beautiful bokeh

The strongest competitors in my lens collection Helios 44-2 2/58, Auto Cosinon 1.4/55, Tessar (zebra) 2.8/50.... and several others. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And beautiful colors too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful colors & bokeh! I have to get one

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, nice bokeh, colors and sharpness!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Pancolar for this reason too.
I possess the "Zebra" and the "Black" and find then equal in their qualities.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Pancolar worth almost $400??! Shocked

see it on Ebay

How does the Rollei Planar compare to the Pancolar? is the Pancolar a Planar design as well?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:
Is the Pancolar worth almost $400??! Shocked

That is not a realistic value. The averagevalue of this lens used is currently around 50 Euros, more or less, for zebra version, maybe a little more for MC version.

orly_andico wrote:
How does the Rollei Planar compare to the Pancolar? is the Pancolar a Planar design as well?

I can speak of my copies: the Pancolar (I have zebra) is sharper; the Rollei Planar has more contrast and more resistance to flare.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller advertise this lens for Pentacon Super I can't verify because I not see any pictures from mount. Pentacon Super is the most rare and most expensive East German camera, lenses and camera both are going on high price. Even this fact this price is at least double than realistic price. If not designed for Pentacon super this lens is going as usual dirt cheap and very common.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon Super did have the 55/1.4 Pancolar if I remember well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was the default lens. I have two copies of them, I don't know they made 1.8 or not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
beautiful colors & bokeh! I have to get one

After Attila's and my own praises of this lens, and as you're another Zeiss fan, I'm really surprised you don't have one already! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Poilu has Planar(s) already. This lens price is so cheap I think every photographer must have one even if they have perhaps better lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pancolar is a zebra 1,8 that, used or not with a pentacon super (in this camera you can use a lot of m42 lenses), cost U$S 60 in Argentina market - used in mint condition and may be 125/150 in ebay (not the 400).

VOYTEK:
The bokeh is great, and your lens is particulary contrast because the copies that I had were less contrast, with normal colours and very sharp.

It's my favorite normal lens in M42. CZJ glass!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again - the bokeh of the Pancolar is beautiful:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RETRO:

You have a pentacon 1,8/59 and a flekt 2,4/35 mm. Did you compare both?

¡What do you think about the definition and contrast of the pancolar and the flek?

I have both too, and I found the lens very similar, but the flek a little contrastier.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolar 50/1.8 against Sumicron-R 50:

Can you tell which is which? The right side is by Pancolar, which has slightly brownish colour rendition than Sumicron's, otherwise neck'n neck. The bokeh is very similar, Sumicron's has a core for garden wire fence thou, probably little better optically but hard to tell. This pancolar is actually Prakticar 50/1.8, the first version that is the same as M42-mount pancolar late model. Other Prakticar 50/1.8 models are based on Meyer's Oreston 50/1.8 with better MC, I think. Even this later Prakticar 50/1.8 is not bad when you close down to f8~f11 IMHO.

Viva Pancolar!

Last edited by koji on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like more Pancolar shoot, I had a very short experience with Orio's Leica 90mm I also preferred Zeiss over Leica

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji

Hi, very good pics, and fantastic dog. (pardon, fantastic friend).

Please, tell me the pancolar pic is at "my" right ? I found that the pic of the dog stand seem to me a bit more sharp but i don't know the F/ of each one

I have a Pancolar MC M42 and is a great lens to me.

ATTILA

Yes, the CZ seem better to me than Leica R. But the best 50 mm for me, is the summicron M specially the 6 elements in five groups of minolta-leitz (maravelous) and the summilux-M 75 is hard to beat

Regards. Rino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2 versions are superb, this dog is photogenic, a real star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon,

The right side is definitely Pancolar photo of our _hairly_ baby.
He is a very good looking shelty, 10.5 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@estudleon:
Quote:

¡What do you think about the definition and contrast of the pancolar and the flek?

I own a Pancolar 50/1.8,
a Flektogon 35/2,4
and
a Flektogon 35/2.8 (aluminium version).

The Pancolar produce a little bit more contrast then the Flektogon 2.4 and the Flektogon 2.4 produce a little bit more contrast then the Flektogon 2.8.

But with Photoshop this is no issue. The graduation curve or tonal value correction even such little differences out.

Quote:

For me the Pancolar is - the - lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you retro. Rino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro wrote:
@estudleon:
Quote:

I own a Pancolar 50/1.8,
a Flektogon 35/2,4
and
a Flektogon 35/2.8 (aluminium version).

The Pancolar produce a little bit more contrast then the Flektogon 2.4 and the Flektogon 2.4 produce a little bit more contrast then the Flektogon 2.8.

But with Photoshop this is no issue. The graduation curve or tonal value correction even such little differences out.

Quote:

For me the Pancolar is - the - lens.

For me too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY, GUYS, but I found that my flek is sharper at the center (not at

the corners) than my pancolars (two). And it's contrastier too. Put both

lens in front of you. Look at the MC, the rule: the strong MC the

contrastier lens. Well, It's occur in this case too.

Regards, Rino.