Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar 50mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Radissimo is correct, there never was a bayonet mount Pancolar 1.8/50, they were all labelled Prakticar. Mostly they were labelled 'Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar' but some for export to certain markets were labelled 'aus Jena Prakticar'. This is a Pancolar, they just changed the name for some reason.

The communication with you is really tiresome. I never stated that the 1.8/50 was marked as Pancolar. However it is still the Pancolar lens from the design point of view even if it's marked with something else as long as it comes from VEB CZJ/GDR irrespective of mount or marking opposite to the Pentacon/Meyer lens which came from VEB Pentacon/GDR.
Same is true for the 55 and 50mm/1.4 version except that there is no Pentacon/Meyer lens available in F1.4.
Is that understandable now also for you?

I understood perfectly the first time and my reply was not directed at you.

Maybe you wouldn't find communicating with others so tiresome if you weren't so arrogant and insisted on always being right! Especially when you are so often completely wrong.

Here are the two variants of the Prakticar 1.8/50, one is made in Gorlitz by Pentacon, the other is made in Jena by Carl Zeiss.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Pancolar 50mm 1.4 Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I have seen photos of a site selling a camera with a CZJ Pancolar 50mm 1.4. I can find no reference to this lens. I've seen e-bay ads for the 55mm 1.4. WAY expensive. I have the 50mm f2 and f 1,8.. Is anybody familiar with the 50mm 1.4?

I have seen one singular copy of an M42 mount CZJ Pancolar 50 1.4 for sale on eBay one to two years ago. I didn't believe my eyes. The lens had the same style of housing as the red MC Pancolars 1.8 or red MC Flektogons 2.4. However, all the markings on the lens were for a 1.4. Whether it was an original (with a few more copies around), after-shift hobby work of a Zeiss employee (we are talking GDR; it's not impossible), or whether somebody fudged the aperture and front rings, I of course cannot tell (I didn't pay close attention to the size of the glass).

It was listed for 800 or 900 dollars or Euros (don't recall) buy-it-now and was sold within a day or two. I was not the buyer.

-b

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 50mm f1.4 is reputed to be the next iteration of the Pancolar 55mm f1.4.
Two models - first supposedly has irradiated glass - thorium or lanthanum - the second not.
Has a good reputation regardless
Tom

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Pentacon 50 1.8 ,the housing looks same like Zeiss,maybe glass is different

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote