Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar 50 F/1.8 zebra - reaching aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Pancolar 50 F/1.8 zebra - reaching aperture Reply with quote

Hi to all.

I need to clean the aperture of Pancolar Zebra 50 F/1.8 M42. I have reached it from behind, but now I have problems removing front lens elements to get to the aperture. Can you, please, tell me, how can I remove the front of the lens to reach aperture assembly?

Currently I am this far:

Thank you for your help in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just unscrew front part. it's easy Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps: The easy way to clean and re-lube a Carl Zeiss Pancolar 1.8
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-easy-way-to-clean-and-re-lube-a-carl-zeiss-pancolar-1-8-t43840.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply!. However, I can't get it apart. I have applied a significant force, but not enough. However, this pin looks like it may prevent the front part to unscrew. It's not a screw - ti looks like a pin. Please, let me know if the pin has nothing to do with unscrewing. In that case I will try even harder Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rest my case. I bought a tool for car oil filter replacement to unscrew the lens, no success. It's either the pin or something else... If anyone has any additional idea, I will be more than happy Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zcetrt wrote:
I rest my case. I bought a tool for car oil filter replacement to unscrew the lens, no success. It's either the pin or something else... If anyone has any additional idea, I will be more than happy Smile

It is not that far from Ljubljana to Celje Wink. Just bring the patient.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several versions. I think i have the same.

Take out the name plate, it unscrews seperate from the rest. I do this with rubber rings and matching tools to press the rubber on the ring for unscrewing. Underneath you'll find 3 screws, these take of a larger part. You now have access to the rings that hold the glass elements. From there it's easy!
It should look something like this: (just a quick shot to demonstrate)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your replies. I believe the lens I'm trying to clean was dropped some time ago. During trying to unscrew the name plate front lens element just fell out - I didn't unscrew anything. And because barrel is squished a bit it holds the nameplate very firmly.

If anyone needs any spares, let me know Smile