Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar 50 2.0 disassembly (SUCCESS !!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Pancolar 50 2.0 disassembly (SUCCESS !!) Reply with quote

Hello,

I really need an help. Last week i received a Pancolar 50 2 zebra m42 with stucked blades.

There are no screws on the back plate (where the mount is) and for this reason i'm not able to open it.
I've tried to turn counterclockwise the back plate but with no success. Infact, there is a little metal lever on the side (that fully open the blades) that prevent to turn the plate.

With regard to the front lens i've removed la name plate and the three metal rings that block the front lens...........but i'am not able to go further.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Carlus on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pancolar 50 2.0 disassembly (HELP please) Reply with quote

Carlus wrote:
Hello,

I really need an help. Last week i received a Pancolar 50 2 zebra m42 with stucked blades.

There are no screws on the back plate (where the mount is) and for this reason i'm not able to open it.
I've tried to turn counterclockwise the back plate but with no success. Infact, there is a little metal lever on the side (that fully open the blades) that prevent to turn the plate.

With regard to the front lens i've removed la name plate and the three metal rings that block the front lens...........but i'am not able to go further.

Thanks for any help

I disassemble several lenses but didn't have experience with this one. At least you should post some photos to show your current state, so someone can give you an accurate recommendation (and taking photos of every steps is also very important, too, because you will need to reassemble them and sometimes that's even more troublesome) Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the zebra Pancolar but I have the starwars 2/50 M42 and the back does unscrew..try unscrewing counter clockwise.Watch out for the spring under it that works the aperture (via that little side lever),it can spring out...it's a little tricky but simple.That is as far as I went so good luck and post up your findings and photos if you take any.

Embarassed Just re read that you tried counter-clockwise...perhaps need a little more force? But before you do that, is your lens Exakta mount and does it have any screws on the body near the mount?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news,

I've finally opened the back plate with very strong force.

Later i will post the photos of the process for cleaning the blades, if i have success.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have success. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night i managed to disassemble the lens and clean the blades. It took me 30 minutes of work.
I describe the whole process with some pictures.

1) this is the back of the lens (there are no screws!)

2) back plate removed after turned it counter clockwise (with some force!)

3) some pictures of the back opened (there is a big circular ring that can be removed after removing the small spring)

4) the back of the lens after the big ring has been removed raising it above (the are no screw to turn)

5) unscrew the four screws and you can remove another block

6) now you can also remove the outer aperture ring (but it is not necessary to remove it)

7) view from above (there is a screw that moves the blades through the movement of the outer ring)

8 ) turning counter clockwise a ring you can remove the rear lens block (if you need to clean the lens, this block can be opened turning two other rings wich are around the rear external lens)

9) now you have direct access to the blades in order to clean it

I have cleaned the blades (without disasseble them) with a cotton swab and alcohol.
But i've also noticed that the aperture movement was slow because the aperture spring was loose (the sprins is visible in the left side of the picture in number 7) ). So i have added a second spring in the same place (i have not other spring so i decided to use the spring of the big circular ring in picture number 3).......in fact i don't need the movement of this ring wich fully open the blades because i will use the lens on a nex/Alpha camera with adapter).

Everything is now fully working and perfect!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news and thanks for the photos.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation! And very useful photos, too Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlus wrote:
Last night i managed to disassemble the lens and clean the blades. It took me 30 minutes of work.
I describe the whole process with some pictures.

1) this is the back of the lens (there are no screws!)

2) back plate removed after turned it counter clockwise (with some force!)

3) some pictures of the back opened (there is a big circular ring that can be removed after removing the small spring)

4) the back of the lens after the big ring has been removed raising it above (the are no screw to turn)

5) unscrew the four screws and you can remove another block

6) now you can also remove the outer aperture ring (but it is not necessary to remove it)

7) view from above (there is a screw that moves the blades through the movement of the outer ring)

8 ) turning counter clockwise a ring you can remove the rear lens block (if you need to clean the lens, this block can be opened turning two other rings wich are around the rear external lens)

9) now you have direct access to the blades in order to clean it

I have cleaned the blades (without disasseble them) with a cotton swab and alcohol.
But i've also noticed that the aperture movement was slow because the aperture spring was loose (the sprins is visible in the left side of the picture in number 7) ). So i have added a second spring in the same place (i have not other spring so i decided to use the spring of the big circular ring in picture number 3).......in fact i don't need the movement of this ring wich fully open the blades because i will use the lens on a nex/Alpha camera with adapter).

Everything is now fully working and perfect!!

the valuable pictures can't be displayed on my screen. would you pls email me the pictures because i have a tessar 50 f2.8 which has a same back (without screws), i can't open it until now.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the useful info. I hate to necro a thread, but I figure I'm not the only one looking for info on how to service this lens.

When I tried to service my lens today I unfortunately couldn't even get past step one. The circular back plate is incredibly hard to unscrew and won't budge a millimeter. Does anyone have a tip how to get the darn thing off?