Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic LS5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Panasonic LS5 Reply with quote

This is a new entry level compact camera. 26mm wide lens, f2.8 largest aperture, 14MP , ISO1600, small and inexpensive.
I decide it to buy as 'my candid camera' it is fit even into a shirt or jeans pocket.

Night shoot made handheld in total darkness, others are made in poor light at winter day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that works really well Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In ideal light.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we might as well close this web site, pack our things and go home. Who the hell needs all these lenses when your little Panasonic delivers such great results Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images as usual Attila.

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I guess we might as well close this web site, pack our things and go home. Who the hell needs all these lenses when your little Panasonic delivers such great results Crying or Very sad

I feel Attila's scanned chromes + manual camera gear will always shine to my eyes in comparison to these shots!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:

Laughing funny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

GrahamNR17 wrote:

I feel Attila's scanned chromes + manual camera gear will always shine to my eyes in comparison to these shots!!

Yes, sure, but all have place in our tools.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
stingOM wrote:

GrahamNR17 wrote:

Yes, sure, but all have place in our tools.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In poor light better , but still not bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice attila. these little panny's are great, maybe its the partnership with leica on the lenses? i got my wife one of the previous versions of your cam about 2-3 years ago and really it takes great pix for what it is. some of them actually have some dimensionality to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps more pricey model made by Leica , but on entry level ~80 USD model I don't think so. Some picture come out crappy, many of them really nice. Good camera for pocket and if no other she does job pretty well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I eventually visit Hungary, you have to take me to these places. I vote for your city as one of the most photogenic in the world Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
When I eventually visit Hungary, you have to take me to these places. I vote for your city as one of the most photogenic in the world Cool

Hey would be nice ! At summer time perhaps you can take a week or more at my daughters small flat , due they are usually out for vacation . We can arrange it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how good those little digicams are nowadays!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Yes, even with all weakness they are amazingly good this is my opinion too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Yes, even with all weakness they are amazingly good this is my opinion too.

Attila, your images blew me off my seat! Shocked They are extremely good in good lighting conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all comes out this nice , camera has still some weakness, but most of them good one. I recommend highly this little cam, you can take it always with you .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

+1
Attila, why do you have so many cam and lenses, this little cam can do the job perfectly so NO need for others stuff Very Happy ....

Last edited by pich900 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

+1
Attila, why do you have so many cam and lenses, this little cam can do the job perfectly so need for others stuff Very Happy ....

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need another forum for webcams or smart phone cams. There are getting better and better...

Me too I vote for Budapest.
I can bring lenses to service as well, and may be get some other back Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a LS5 based on this thread. It is really awful Laughing

Maybe I got a bad copy, but at ISO 100 it was "ok" and above that it fell to pieces. At ISO 1600 (which I guess nobody would really use) the images were a mix of grey and colour in a random pattern. At ISO 800 the images looked like they'd been through one of those water colour effect filters.

I will sell it and get an older Panasonic TZ1 or TZ3 Laughing

But I guess consumer pocket cameras have always been crap. Remember Kodak Instamatic 110? Shocked