Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic G1 : question about the HDMI connection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Panasonic G1 : question about the HDMI connection Reply with quote

I don't have the USB cable to connect the camera to the computer to off load the images. Can I use the HDMI cable to transfer the images from the camera to the computer? Or is the HDMI purely there to connect to a TV? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HDMI port is only used for replay on a TV. You will need the USB cable for connecting a PC. You could use a SD card reader too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin for making that clear,I will be buying a card reader very soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most laptops or some PCs should have one build-in.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my PC made and left that out for a later date. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not skimp when you buy a card reader,Lexar make an excellent reader for about $60, cheap ones you risk losing your shots,Why risk using a 5-10 dollar reader?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Please do not skimp when you buy a card reader,Lexar make an excellent reader for about $60, cheap ones you risk losing your shots,Why risk using a 5-10 dollar reader?

oh, I didn't know about that. I'd better dump my five year old pound shop reader then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 50+ years at this game, cheap is not good and good is not cheap but better than losing a total shoot which always happens only when they are irreplaceable.