Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic G1,my new/old camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Panasonic G1,my new/old camera Reply with quote

A nice little camera that came all the way from Glasgow (thanks Stephen) and a lens that was from the UK( Thanks Peter,I can finally make use of the lens!).Now living in Australia Very Happy

Last edited by mo on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with the camera; you have a nice lens to start with it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't transfer any images at the moment to the PC, but from what I have seen on the cameras back screen it looks ok.It's the usual story I am waiting on some adapters to arrive before I can try out my M42 lenses. Very Happy

If you have any hints on some Minolta lenses to buy let me know Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats indeed on the new camera:) I love my gf1 but its an uphill battle searching for wide angle lenses but this camera will open up a whole new world of lenses to be explored!!

here's a thread from a while back regarding Minolta's:

http://forum.mflenses.com/minoltas-best-t65457,highlight,%2Bminolta.html

I took forenseils advise and bought a 50mm F2 and I really love it:) I also have the 28mm 2.5 which I'm fast becoming very partial too.

my favourites are my c mount lenses though, I have the lumix 20mm pancake lens and found it hard to beat until I tried my switar 25mm and now I only use the 20mm in group situations where manual focusing takes too long for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement,I am looking at trying to get an AF Olympus M4/3 or a Panasonic M3/4 lens.The prices seem to be dropping for these lenses.

It certainly does open up a whole new world of lenses,I have just bought a 100/3.5 FL Canon lens....I have to slow down. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy cat,Taken with the Minolta 1.7/50 and G1