Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic G1 + Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 1:2.8 f=7.5cm pre-war
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Panasonic G1 + Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 1:2.8 f=7.5cm pre-war Reply with quote

A nice tele lens with original C-mount. Another reason why I like pre-war glass so much. I don't believe in the m4/3 format anymore so this lens is currently for sale on eBay and that will be my last steps in the micro mount lenses, but Meyer definitely made some good glass back then in the late 30's. It has a serial number near that of my 7,5cm 1:1.9 Primoplan and also the same external design.

Of course, the Trioplan is known for its funky bokeh and this one is no exception!

I had to remove the light baffle at the mount side, because the lens vignetted severely with it installed. Fortunately the baffle could easily be unscrewed without any damage to the lens whatsoever.

Some pictures needed a little help with contrast enhancements, but for instance my daughter's portrait was only converted from RAW, a little sharpened and saved to JPG without any contrast modification.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples, beautiful rendering from this Meyer, I don't find the bokeh funky
my favs #2#3#6#7
I believe in the m4:3, still new but I bet it can only get better

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great samples, beautiful rendering from this Meyer, I don't find the bokeh funky
my favs #2#3#6#7
I believe in the m4:3, still new but I bet it can only get better

Thanks Poilu! Let's hope so (about the m4/3 systems getting better). But the lack of reactions in this topic says it all: m4/3 is not really that popular.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you give up on the m4/3 format cameras?
It is just not popular here, there are many other forums
full of praise about them...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, my dream is still a 24x36 EVIL camera. Anything smaller is nice, but it does not suit my shooting style at all. At least I have tried, and I tried damn hard! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I can sign that pledge too!! Let me know when/if you find one!!