Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PANA Lumix GF1 + G 20/1.7 examples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: PANA Lumix GF1 + G 20/1.7 examples Reply with quote

Hi Andy, and the other who are interest in this lens (20/1.7).

Please click the photo to enlarge in 1,200 x 1,800

@f5.6 1/20 small terminal station

@f4 1/50 noodle shop lantern

@f4 1/30 night in Shibuya

@f8 1/30 (emperor's living quarter in olden time)

@f6.3 1/15 through the showcase glass in museum

The images are more "digital look" than M8's IMO, the lens 20/1.7 has no distortion due to software correction inside GF1 I guess.
By the way, this lens can be used as a MF lens using GF1's movable focus point and once you try to focus the lens, back LCD's image
is automatically enlarged for critical focus. a nice touch. For MF lens, the process is similar but you have to press a button to enlarge
the focused area, otherwise the same. But this process requires the steady hands, using a tripod is ideal unfortunately for me.

I used Jpeg option of +1 for sharpness, +1 for contrast, no noise reduction, but weak dark area recovery (see #4).
Now I set zero for sharpness, since the images tend to have USM's side effect of hallowing a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is 'emperor's living quarter in olden time' made in plastic
it is a pity they don't use wood anymore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This combo is a kind of dream for me.
I am seriously thinking about selling my 350D w/ 17-70 and Lumix FX-37 to get the GF1 with this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is pretty amazing Smile Thanks for posting these.
Have you taken some RAW captures?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No yet, Andy. I have to install the software supplied by Panasonic, and
the camera is for my wife. Very Happy Yes, I can borrow it. Very Happy

Will test though.

I actually shot with NOKTON 50/1.1 and Biogon 25/2.8 ZM using Cosina's M->m4/3 adapter.
It was a big disaster, mostly handshaked images were produced. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad